-Wolf Tooth Necklace
-Melta-bombs

Ven Dread
-Extra Armor
-Wolf Tooth Necklace

Wolf Scouts x 5
-Melta-gun
-Melta-bombs

Wolf Guard x4 (1 w/ scouts, 1 w/ ea razorback sqd, & 1 w/ raider sqds)
-Pwr Sword x2 (razorback sqds)
-Pwr Fist x 2 (scouts & raider sqds)
-Combi-melta x4

Predator
-HB sponsons

Predator
-HB sponsons

LR Crusader
-Extra Armor
-Multi-melta

Grey Hunter x10
Melta-gun x2
Rhino
Extra Armor

Grey Hunters x10
Melta-gun x2
Rhino
Extra Armor

Grey Hunters x10 (to add the HQs and WG)
Melta-gun x2

Grey Hunters x5
Melta-gun x1
Razorback
Extra Armor

Grey Hunters x5
Melta-gun x1
Razorback
Extra Armor

The two preds stay back and dakka all the infantry & light armor they can, razor sqds stay at closer objectives and clean up infantry squads, rhinos & LRC are the main assault force, scouts do the back door trickery, and the ven dred...kind of just there???

Sheer volume of fire can wipe squads out if I'm lucky enough...biggest problem I run into is high AV vehicles at long range...up close the MGs/MBs/PFs have been enough.

What do you think?

I'm thinking of trading dread for another scout sqd.

The 1850/1750 version of this list has won ~70% of my games...but this version is at 1 for 2 (got stomped in my first action against the new BA and a tight win due to objectives against crons...first game against them since late 3rd ed/early 4th)

-PC

Lucian Kain
07-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Nice what about dropping venerable and giveing the dred a drop pod: multimelta,dred CCweapon with heavyflamer takes care of that high AV problem and then a nice distraction after that.Apart from that im not too sure you seem to have a better grasp of the game than I,going for a balanced army as uposed to my WG-LF List.Im thinking of pinching some of your ideas to balance my list and get some better objective snatching going on for the next 500 points.I like the pred dakka.
Mabey some HK's to assist in an Alpha strike,thing with this is youve got to put a hunter killer missle on every bit of armour and fire it all at the same target on your first turn or 7 or 8 shots hopefully imobilise&stunn the beast for your sneaky scouts,you get the idea anyway.

PinoyC
07-12-2010, 08:28 PM
thanks mate...it's funny that I suggest a DP for your WG list but neglect to even think about one for my own dread. You really like missles don't you? and for only 10 pts a pop, not a bad idea...especially for the rhinos. I'll try to fit em in.

-PC