PDA

View Full Version : 7th to 8th rare and special "duplicate choices" ??

solemnclockwork
07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Coming from 7th,

I'm hardwired around the limit on the amount of special and rare choices. I'm at a dilemma on my understanding on the new way it works (around the words used because they are the key point here).

Taken from pg 135 of new edition

It states that you cannot have more then 3 (special) and 2 (rare) choices of the same TYPE. So In my understanding that means as long as you have the points your free to fill up to as many as you want (in this case have a salamander, Razordon, and Ancient Stegadon in a 2000 pt army (these are rare choices for the uniformed).

Am I correct in this understanding?

Chuck777
07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
You can field 2 of every rare in your army, so long as the total for those units does not exceed 25% of your army's points total. Same thing goes for Specials except you can field 3 of the same unit and they don't exceed 50% of your points total. :)

solemnclockwork
07-13-2010, 02:59 AM
You can field 2 of every rare in your army, so long as the total for those units does not exceed 25% of your army's points total. Same thing goes for Specials except you can field 3 of the same unit and they don't exceed 50% of your points total. :)

cool,

Just had to make sure, I wasn't reading what I wanted.

Herald of Nurgle
07-13-2010, 03:29 AM
And also, High Elves ignore that sort of limit, so you can have 7 units of Phoenix Guard under 3k. Lol

solemnclockwork
07-13-2010, 03:47 AM
And also, High Elves ignore that sort of limit, so you can have 7 units of Phoenix Guard under 3k. Lol

How so?

It lists High elf silver Helms, as a example of this system. Is there an army rule I'm not aware of?

DarkAngelHopeful
07-13-2010, 04:47 AM
How so?

It lists High elf silver Helms, as a example of this system. Is there an army rule I'm not aware of?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2

Check the High Elf FAQ/Errata/etc. It should be in there.

Bard of Twilight
07-13-2010, 05:19 AM

That's to say, 5 Ballistas? OMG, that's pretty much shooting....

solemnclockwork
07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
I haven't read everyones errata yet.

Can someone give the page that "elite army" rule is one in the brb? I may be seeing it, but not realizing it.

CitizenZero
07-14-2010, 01:18 AM

Can someone give the page that "elite army" rule is one in the brb? I may be seeing it, but not realizing it.Page 1 of the High Elf FAQ...

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1280059a_FAQ_HighElves_2010.pdf

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Page 1 of the High Elf FAQ...

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1280059a_FAQ_HighElves_2010.pdf

Please,

I said BRB, meaning the actual RULE BOOK, not the FAQ.

I wanted to know if this rule is errata specific or not.

CitizenZero
07-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Please,

I said BRB, meaning the actual RULE BOOK, not the FAQ.

I wanted to know if this rule is errata specific or not.O_o

Well, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that somebody told you it was in the book. I am also going to assume that you don't have a copy of the book to look it up yourself.

No, I checked the index and it doesn't make any mention of the special rule "Elite Army." In the FAQ when the rule is explained, it specifically states "High Elves" so one would assume that it is an amended new army wide special rule for high elves.

Thank you for saying please, and you are welcome.

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 02:41 AM
O_o

Well, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that somebody told you it was in the book. I am also going to assume that you don't have a copy of the book to look it up yourself.

No, I checked the index and it doesn't make any mention of the special rule "Elite Army." In the FAQ when the rule is explained, it specifically states "High Elves" so one would assume that it is an amended new army wide special rule for high elves.

Thank you for saying please, and you are welcome.

Facepalm myself over some people.

If your not going to read what I right stop posting and trolling me.

I'm done being polite with you.

CitizenZero
07-14-2010, 03:10 AM

If your not going to read what I right stop posting and trolling me.

I'm done being polite with you.Didn't I answer your question? It isn't in the BRB, it's in the errata. I said that...I suppose I am confused, although I previously thought I wasn't. :/

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Didn't I answer your question? It isn't in the BRB, it's in the errata. I said that...I suppose I am confused, although I previously thought I wasn't. :/

No you didn't, all you posted was snideness.

At this point you don't even "get" what I wrote.

Simple answers are more then welcome, then belittling somebody.

CitizenZero
07-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Huh...I'm honestly speechless.

Well, I gave you the answer anyhow...so there you have it.

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Huh...I'm honestly speechless.

Well, I gave you the answer anyhow...so there you have it.

Good for you, now back to your bridge.

CitizenZero
07-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Good for you, now back to your bridge.Cute, dealing with people like you DOES make me want to jump. Is recommending such drastic measures really polite though?

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Cute, dealing with people like you DOES make me want to jump. Is recommending such drastic measures really polite though?

Do you honestly want to make a issue out of this? Do you think the mods will like this? Do you think this is wanted?

You really need to take a step back and think about your posts.

CitizenZero
07-14-2010, 03:50 AM
Please, I said BRB, meaning the actual RULE BOOK, not the FAQ.

I'm done being polite with you.

No you didn't, all you posted was snideness.

Simple answers are more then welcome, then belittling somebody.

Good for you, now back to your bridge.

You really need to take a step back and think about your posts.

I fell for it. You win.

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Yeah, like there was something to fall for in the first place.

I'm about 16 posts in, and your making a b-line for my ignore list.

CitizenZero
07-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Yeah, like there was something to fall for in the first place.

I'm about 16 posts in, and your making a b-line for my ignore list.Are you a bot?

I implore you to start at the top of this thread and actually READ the responses. Let me know when it gets strange, because it's not when I ANSWER your question of where to find the rule "Elite Armies" is it?

Please put me on your ignore list, because I am about 201 posts in and this is the first time I've encountered a person who can ask a question, ignore an answer, be snarky in response, ignore another answer, become agitated, get ANOTHER answer, call the person who answered the question 3 times a troll, bring mods into it, and threaten to ignore...

If you were to ignore me, that would complete your Decathlon.

Maybe next time, you may save yourself some carpal tunnel by looking up the rules yourself...which is sad, because I genuinely enjoy helping people with this hobby.

Toodles!

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Are you a bot?

I implore you to start at the top of this thread and actually READ the responses. Let me know when it gets strange, because it's not when I ANSWER your question of where to find the rule "Elite Armies" is it?

Please put me on your ignore list, because I am about 201 posts in and this is the first time I've encountered a person who can ask a question, ignore an answer, be snarky in response, ignore another answer, become agitated, get ANOTHER answer, call the person who answered the question 3 times a troll, bring mods into it, and threaten to ignore...

If you were to ignore me, that would complete your Decathlon.

Maybe next time, you may save yourself some carpal tunnel by looking up the rules yourself...which is sad, because I genuinely enjoy helping people with this hobby.

Toodles!

It get's strange when you post, I had no problem with anybody in this thread, and the only issue IS YOU.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, or maybe you misunderstood the post. I didn't ignore anybodies post. At this point you ARE trolling, learn to separate two different threads.

I would assume this hobby would bring more mature people into this, but you take the cake for being completely rude. Good job on being a complete jerk to somebody new to the forum. But I guess you have to get your kicks somewhere.

Maybe just maybe, when you assume to many things without understanding what is actually written you make a mistake (hint, when I said I may be reading it, but not seeing it, wouldn't you take it I was looking at the rulebook? Hmmm?).

I'm really put off right now, really didn't expect something like this to come out of the wood work at me. more on a hobby that usually should be toward older folk. First time for everything right?

CitizenZero
07-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Yes to all of that, I suppose I will go" back to my bridge" with all of the rest of the immature souls...it's where I belong anyways eh?

The mature thing, as we all know...is to ignore me. If you need to click a button for that, so be it. I think I will do a fine job of ignoring you without it though.

Good luck with 8th edition, I haven't enjoyed WFB this much since 2nd edition...it really is a blast!

I say good day sir.

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Yes to all of that, I suppose I will go" back to my bridge" with all of the rest of the immature souls...it's where I belong anyways eh?

The mature thing, as we all know...is to ignore me. If you need to click a button for that, so be it. I think I will do a fine job of ignoring you without it though.

Good luck with 8th edition, I haven't enjoyed WFB this much since 2nd edition...it really is a blast!

I say good day sir.

Just add fuel to the fire.

Jwolf
07-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Remember, it takes two people to have a fight. Either of you could have stopped playing "I'm the biggest baby" pages ago.

lobster-overlord
07-14-2010, 01:07 PM

Can someone give the page that "elite army" rule is one in the brb? I may be seeing it, but not realizing it.

DarkAngelHopeful gave you the answer and you did choose to ignore it. As you did CitizenZero. You yourself stated that you had not read everyones FAQ. Both pointed that the item is in the High Elf FAQ. So perhaps, rather than taking the time to ferret out the question's answer by writing here and waiting for someone else to read through the FAQ for you, you could have followed that link.

If you would, download the HE FAQ, check page 1, under "Addendum" you will see that the answer to your question is (and was) in the FAQ, and not the BRB. Both posted very short directions, with the assumption that you would follow the link and check it out for yourself. If you had, you would realize that it is 100% ARMY SPECIFIC without having to go through all the back and forth of the flaming.

The internet isn't all about being snippy and derisive. Many people take only a moment here and there to post short posts hoping that people see it for what it is; typed information. There were no attacks, no digs, no misleads, just a basic "It's over there, go check it for yourself and get the answer." It is also some people's way to make posts and have others be their reference diggers. Many take offense to that, but at least try to point people in the right direction. Use the tools provided and become your own reference checker and you will find you will avoid situations like this where CitizenZero wasn't the one here at fault for causing trouble (although he didn't help it any).

John M>

P.S. I know I am not a mod, nor am I a part of BoLS, however, I am all for web-board civility wherever I go, and hope that by pointing out that several posts were very helpful in this thread very early on, some can learn from the problems caused by others.

solemnclockwork
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
DarkAngelHopeful gave you the answer and you did choose to ignore it. As you did CitizenZero. You yourself stated that you had not read everyones FAQ. Both pointed that the item is in the High Elf FAQ. So perhaps, rather than taking the time to ferret out the question's answer by writing here and waiting for someone else to read through the FAQ for you, you could have followed that link.

If you would, download the HE FAQ, check page 1, under "Addendum" you will see that the answer to your question is (and was) in the FAQ, and not the BRB. Both posted very short directions, with the assumption that you would follow the link and check it out for yourself. If you had, you would realize that it is 100% ARMY SPECIFIC without having to go through all the back and forth of the flaming.

The internet isn't all about being snippy and derisive. Many people take only a moment here and there to post short posts hoping that people see it for what it is; typed information. There were no attacks, no digs, no misleads, just a basic "It's over there, go check it for yourself and get the answer." It is also some people's way to make posts and have others be their reference diggers. Many take offense to that, but at least try to point people in the right direction. Use the tools provided and become your own reference checker and you will find you will avoid situations like this where CitizenZero wasn't the one here at fault for causing trouble (although he didn't help it any).

John M>

P.S. I know I am not a mod, nor am I a part of BoLS, however, I am all for web-board civility wherever I go, and hope that by pointing out that several posts were very helpful in this thread very early on, some can learn from the problems caused by others.

So theres the problem,

I wasn't clear in that post that I read the errata for the High Elves. Which is where all this stems from. I'll try to be more precise in another forum about my words then.

addamsfamily36
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Jesus dude calm it down a bit. you totally accused citizen zero after he kindly directed you back to the FAQ

your question : is it errata specific or in the BRB

citizen zero posts: Link to the errata and FAQ

I would take that as, oh right its in the FAQ and errata. Even if that wasn't clear you have the rulebook you would only need to use the index to look it up.

Im going to go join Citizen zero under the bridge much more polite down their.

Jwolf
07-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Make a new thread to discuss this issue; this one stinks too much of troll diapers.