PDA

View Full Version : 1k Blood Angles assault list

Getouttadodge01
07-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Hey Guys, I'm new to the hobby and new to BA. I have a deep strikey assault list for 1K points.

I'm usually playing against Mech Guard, 1/2 speedfreak 1/2 mob orks, tyranid horde, sisters with rhinos and exorcists, Necron infantry with destroyers and tomb spider.

How does this list look?

HQ
Librarian
- Epistolary
- Jump pack (blood lance and preferred enemy)

Troops
2x10 man RAS
- 2 melta
- powerfist

Elites
2xSanguinary Priest
- jump packs

Fast attack
Veteran Vanguard
- powerfist
- jump packs

Some things to consider(?):

drop 1 sanguinary priest to pick up more vanguards/vanguard wargear?

Drop epistolary upgrade for librarian to eek out some more points for models/wargear?

Thanks in advance! Im new here so i'll see ya round.

Sanguinary Dan
07-13-2010, 09:09 PM
The 50 points for the Epistolary upgrade should go to equipping the Sanguinary Priests with power weapons. Use the other points to add a Lightning Claw to the VAS and give one of the RAS Sergeants an Infernus Pistol by replacing a Melta Gun with a Flamer.

It'll give you a bit more flexibility and just plain punch. The Flamer will come in awfully handy since you have to cope with Orks and Bugs.

Getouttadodge01
07-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks Dan,

The tweaks in the list allow me to take a 6 man vet squad instead of five, heh! So the list is looking like this:

HQ
Librarian
- Jump Pack
- Blood lance, pref enemy (or 5+ sheild for anti-melta, depends upon which enemy im facing)

Troops
10 man RAS
- Powerfist
- 2xmelta

10 man RAS
- Powerfist
- infernus pistol
- metla
- flamer

Elites
2x Sanguinary priests
- 2 JP's
- 2 Power Weaps

Fast Attack
6 man VVanguard
- powerfist
- lightning claw

Points work out perfectly. Im happy with how this list looks.

If im going against veterans in chimera or rhino/exorcisters, i can drop in behind and pop them open and try to survive the next firing turn (hopefully blood lance can hit 2 tanks if im lucky with deepstrike and his deployment)

Necron I can chase down/deep strike blast his destroyers, which are priority one. I'd probably keep one unit on the table to lure them out of range of warriors.

Nids and Orks will be the most tricky. Hopefully hive tyrant's (its got wings, eek) paroxysm will get denied by my psychic hood. The rest is just FNP/FC, good rolls, and consistently winning combat for wounds before next assault phase. He runs genestealers, but usually keeps them in reserve no matter what.

Orks I'd probably just go head to bloody head, with dual assaulting his boyz squads. That or drop behind his transports and hope I fry them and get a favorable roll on the ramshackle table. Scared of hidden powerklaws, but there's no getting around that. Might consider hitting them with Fear of the Dark, (it affects unbuffed leadership right?)

: D

Hugz4Genestealers
07-13-2010, 10:05 PM
If I might throw in my two cents about playing against bugs, I have some experience running a genestealer heavy list... Anyways, in your opponents place, I would be very happy to learn that you had exactly one template weapon in your army, especially since flamers pop my four-armed CC nightmares on a 4+ with no armor or cover saves allowed. That one lonely marine with the flamer probably won't be enough to swing the battle your way by himself.
As for Fear of the Dark, Mob Rule makes Boyz squads with more than eleven models Fearless, so I'm not sure that it matters what you do to their leadership, as long as he's got a critical mass of boyz...

Getouttadodge01
07-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Good to know. I'll be sure to not leave home without some templates when facing off against the Nids and def the orks, with their aweome 6+ heavy leather armor save.

murrburger
07-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Statistically, lightning claws are better than power weapons against most models. So, if you have a friend with Space Wolves... ;)

Getouttadodge01
07-14-2010, 12:12 AM
@Murrburger, truth. I can't see why you'd take a glaive encarmine over them. I'm pretty sure i've got a LC lying around.

Thanks for the help guys, a really warm welcome. I've got a game coming up, so i'l let you know how this list fares.

If you guys have any tips for deepstriking and surviving the ensuing "hey, shoot those RAS's", lemme know!

Getouttadodge01
07-16-2010, 01:52 PM
List is great, and lots of fun! Thanks for the help all. Have a report on it vs the Necrons below

So I just tried out this list against Necrons. Basically, 2x3 destroyers, 20 warriors and a tomb spider + Lord vs this list.

I combat squaded 1 RAS and had them hold my point (base scenario). VVanguards deepstriking, along with a 5 man RAS with Sang priest.

I won, but deepstriking is stressful. I landed my vets next to one destroyer squad and just barely got the charge. Locked them in battle for my turn (he rolled incredibly well), and then he perished on his turn.

Destroyerswere zooming to fry my 5 marines holding the objective, so it was very lucky indeed. Second Destroyers squad was a nuisance, and they survived the battle locked in combat about 4 inches away from my objective with my Vets who zoomed off to the 5 man's rescue. Tying up the destroyers was my strategy, and it worked to my satisfaction.

I shot and charged a tomb spider with a 10 man RAS/HQ squad that was deployed regularly and downed it. The other 5 man squad was joined with Sanguinary priest, they deep struck next to cover and waited it out.

Vets had the destroyers busy, and then I got force synergy with my 10 man RAS and 5 man RAS/Priest. His gunline was 2x10 destoyers, which were both behind cover, staggered one in back of the other. I had to advance within rapid fire range of 1 destroyer squad in order to assault it the next turn, but the other only was able to take 1 shot. Necrons concentrated fire on my 10 man to soften the blow I guess -- game wise, i dont know who he should've gone fore, but he shot at my 10 man.

I lost a good amount of marines, but survived to shoot and charge with 4 from one squad, and 5 from the other. My Librarian saved his psychic power for a force weapon blow, and luckly a wound went through on his Necron lord. I passed my psych test and popped him.

My 5 man focused attacks on the warriors dropping a lot. They died, I won combat and i sweeping advanced, wiping them. Consolidated to surround the point by 3 inches at least. At that point, i held their objective and the game ended.

next turn woulda been brutal and i would have taken some serious damage from rapid fire gauss flayers, but because i had 2 units of battered RAS, one would've lived and assaulted a vanilla warrior squad with its power weaps still in tact. Confident it'd work out either way (lucky the player didn't move up to block objective and stayed behind rubble cover)!

Thanks for the advice, this list was fun to play, even though I was biting my nails throughout.