PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian Pegasus Knights

Essayons
07-14-2010, 02:11 AM
OK, since Bretonnian Pegasus Knights have the Skirmishers special rule, they must use this new diffuse formation thing, being 1/2" (approximately) apart. However, the models seem to prevent this. I don't have any yet, but was planning on buying a set. Has anyone out there tried to use these models with the new Skirmishers rule? If so, how do the models fit up. Is is physically possible to put Bretonnian Pegasus Knights 1/2" away from each other? If not, what do you think we should do?

Essayons.

Mazelf
07-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I dont think the models should prevent this if you model them in such a way that the wings dont necessarily overlap...

Lunar Camel
07-15-2010, 06:59 PM
It should be easier to model them at 1/2" apart. I know that when they get into combat, I always have to remove the models and just have the bases fight the enemy since the Pegasi get in the way of each other. As long as your opponent understands this, it shouldn't be a problem.

lobster-overlord
07-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Pegasi

I always stagger them, even in close combat, by half inch (ranked side to side, but middle of three would be half inch back, but still "counts as" B2B.

BTW, is Pegasi even a real word, considering it's the plural of a proper name? (would a singular can of cola be called a Pepsus?)

addamsfamily36
07-15-2010, 07:32 PM
OK, since Bretonnian Pegasus Knights have the Skirmishers special rule, they must use this new diffuse formation thing, being 1/2" (approximately) apart. However, the models seem to prevent this. I don't have any yet, but was planning on buying a set. Has anyone out there tried to use these models with the new Skirmishers rule? If so, how do the models fit up. Is is physically possible to put Bretonnian Pegasus Knights 1/2" away from each other? If not, what do you think we should do?

I wouldn't worry too much. Its not like 40k and squad coherency. the 1/2 inch thing is so you dont like deploy the models 6 inches away from each other giving the unit a massive table presence. also its a loose formation, they just all have to face the same direction and be within an acceptable distance from each other. an inch - 2 inch max im sure would be fine, at the end of the day it gives you know benefit, your front of the unit will still be the same. perhaps slightly wider, but you rank up when charged or charging anyways and your flying the rest of the time.

as for pegasi - totally a word i also believe Pegasus's is also acceptable but some people spell it pegasusses.

lobster-overlord
07-15-2010, 08:13 PM
One thing I've also thought of doing is taking a second set of Pegasus Knights and modelling a set "grounded". These would be the same guys, but no longer flying. Horses would be landed, Wings would be tucked, heads would be kiltered, knights would be in fighting poses. I would switch them out for when in CC.

John M>
pegasi a real word? In what dictionary? Pegasus's = possessive, as in those are Pegasus's horseshoes.

Lunar Camel
07-17-2010, 12:53 AM
I figured Pegasi is like cactus. The plural of cactus is cacti. Looked it up in the dictionary. Yeah, Pegasi doesn't exist (Pegasi is the Latin word for Pegasus). Since in mythology there was only Pegasus, I guess they never came up with a plural form.

Torcano
07-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Just like they never came up with plural forms of any other names?

Pegasus was the name of a creature in Greek Mythology.

Names are not in the dictionary, and any "plural" form is purely informal. (As in, 'all the Davids I've met were left-handed')

Dooley
08-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I know we are getting off topic here but in the world of Warhammer any flying horse is called a Pegasus (even the DE have a "DARK PEGASUS"). And if you actually look in the little side bar of the BRB (pg185) the Imperial Menagerie it says that " [the IM].... has always housed stables for Pegasus and Hippogriff for the elite... to ride...."

So in our world unless one is talking specifically about the Last of the Flying horses which helped Persius (im goin off of old Clash of the Titans not that new piece of technological CRAP) The Plural of a flying horse would simply be "Flying Horses"

However if you are talking about a specific unit of models in a game of Warhammer which so happen to ride flying horses they would be called Pegusus. Like sheep. I have one SHEEP. Or, I have three SHEEP.

But I could be wrong in that aspect! I did do a good job of explaining myself though diddnt I ;)

lobster-overlord
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM
OK, now we're just beating a dead [winged] horse now.

energongoodie
08-02-2010, 01:48 AM
OK, now we're just beating a dead [winged] horse now.

Nice :)