PDA

View Full Version : FEED BACK PLEASE!!! 2000pts IG list

Mr.MoreTanks
07-14-2010, 03:11 PM
255pts. - HQ.
200pts. - Company Command Squad, power fist, medi-pack, 3 plasma guns, Officer of the Fleet, Astropath
55pts. – Chimera APC

165pts. - Elites
110pts. – Psyker Battle Squad
55pts. – Chimera APC

790pts. - Troops
115pts. - Veteran Squad, 3 plasma guns
115pts. - Veteran Squad, 3 meltaguns, power fist
115pts. - Veteran Squad, 3 meltaguns, power fist
55pts. - Platoon Command Squad, 4 flamers, melta bombs
55pts. – Chimera APC
75pts. - Infantry Squad, missile launcher, melta bombs, grenade launcher
70pts. - Infantry Squad, heavy bolter, grenade launcher, melta bombs
75pts. – Heavy Weapon Squad, 3 heavy bolters

520pts. - Fast Attack
260pts. - Valkyries, 2 w/ multiple rocket pods,
130pts. - Vendetta Gunship

270pts. - Heavy Support
135pts. – Medusa
135pts. – Medusa

So I posted another list a little while back, and as I went over it I realized that I didn't like it at all, this one I think is much more aggressive, especially with the vets in the valks and vendettas, thoughts? thanks!

Hugz4Genestealers
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Certainly this army packs a very heavy anti-armor punch, and all that plasma and melta goodness will help see you through MEQ pretty well, too, I can't help but imagine this list being buried under a screaming horde of gaunts or orks. I understand that the four flamers in the PCS and the heavy/special weapons in your infantry squads are designed to help deal with that threat, but it just doesn't seem like enough to me. Of course, that's going to be one of the drawbacks to making a more "traditional" melta-heavy list. On the other hand, without knowing more about your local metagame, it could be that this sort of list is much better suited to your expected opposition than a more balanced list might be. Really, I've found that playtesting is my preferred method of working out the finer details of any given list.

Porty1119
07-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Swap the lascannon weapons squad out for heavy bolters, drop the meltas on the PCS (really? Meltabombs and flamers?) Other than that, more templates. My 1000pts army has 8 large blast weapons, five meltaguns and three TL lascannons.

Lord Inquisitor
07-14-2010, 04:51 PM
From a glance, drop the power fist. Drop the medic. I wouldn't take a squad of Valkyries, really hard to manouver with. Put the vets in a chimera that you took out of the Valkyrie. Maybe do the same with the other Valkyrie and vets. Then fit in a Leman Russ, I'd suggest Battle Tank, Vanquisher, or Demolisher.

Mr.MoreTanks
07-16-2010, 02:32 PM
This is for an upcoming rogue trader tournament, and I am expecting alot of razorback space wolf and blood angel spam, in all reality I have no idea what to expect. This list has murdered a tyranid monstrous creature list i was playing. The key to using it is isolating and removing units with the veterans and valks/vendettas. Medusas all around deal with anything, from terminators to gaunt hordes.

Nungunz
07-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey, looks like a good, strong list. But as always there are tweaks you can make to turn it into a great list. I like the use of platoons in there. Standard Mech Guard has become such a common thing in tourny's that good players expect it and will build their army lists, tactics, and strategies with it in mind. Gotta make lists unpredictable and competitive at the same time to handle experience opponents late in tournaments.

255pts. - HQ.
200pts. - Company Command Squad, power fist, medi-pack, 3 plasma guns, Officer of the Fleet, Astropath
55pts. – Chimera APC

I personally don't like the CCS plasma-bomb, but to each their own. I'd personally drop the medi-pack and get the 4th gun if you do go this route. FNP, even to save plasma wounds, isn't really worth it on 5 T3 5+ dudes.

PFist is a complete waste. Astropath is a bonus, but not really necessary, your list isn't dependent on outflanking so the astropath isn't needed. Maybe if you have spare points at the end.

165pts. - Elites
110pts. – Psyker Battle Squad
55pts. – Chimera APC

Looks good to me. Just keep them away from psychic hoods and you're good. Hold them off to the end of the shooting phase and use them to nuke morale when you cause 25% casualties. Two more would be nice, -6 to LD is probably the most you need to inflict.

790pts. - Troops
100pts. - Veteran Squad, 3 meltaguns
100pts. - Veteran Squad, 3 meltaguns

I see 4 squads and only 3 open transports, what is going where? I'd swap one of the plasma squads for melta or drop it all together. Plasma is good, but it's pricey as heck and not as versatile IMO. 3 - 1 Melta-plasma ratio is what I would suggest.

55pts. - Platoon Command Squad, 4 flamers, melta bombs
55pts. – Chimera APC
75pts. - Infantry Squad, missile launcher, melta bombs, grenade launcher
70pts. - Infantry Squad, heavy bolter, grenade launcher, melta bombs
105pts. – Heavy Weapon Squad, 3 lascannons

PCS is good, though honestly I'd throw it in one of the vendettas. Maybe a second platoon as well. Is a very cheap way to make vendettas scoring and they can hop out and roast stuff when need (say when the vendetta pops a transport or there is an annoying unit in cover). Meltabombs are okay, but I'd drop them unless you don't have anything better to spend the points on.

Don't know if the chimera on the squad is the greatest idea in this list, though.

IS lose the meltabombs. Grenade launchers are nice. Heavy bolters are terrible weapons for IG, we already do anti-infantry well enough so they really don't add anything to the army. Missile launchers aren't very great either with our poor BS3. Honestly I'd just give them both autocannons.

HWS is a big risk. Guardsmen can't aim worth crap. and those lascannons are pricey plus they are very easy to kill. Anything S6 will just mow through them like tissue paper. Scatterlasers, multilasers, etc have a chance of wiping the entire squad out in 1 phase.

If you want lascannons, take Vendettas or hide them in infantry squads. Autocannon HWSs are cheap and if you take 3-5 of them you don't have to worry about losing one or two squads.

520pts. - Fast Attack
260pts. - Valkyries, 2 w/ multiple rocket pods,

Looks good. What units get mounted up in which transports?

270pts. - Heavy Support
135pts. – Medusa
135pts. – Medusa

Great artillery. Be very, very careful though. They can't fire indirectly so they will be in line of sight of the enemy. Open-topped AV 12 isn't very hard to kill. Demolishers might serve you better.

My advice for an all-commers list. Take what you think you need and ignore the rest. I won't be offended. :)

Mr.MoreTanks
07-18-2010, 09:15 PM
So I wasn't clear, the psyker battle squad is indeed a full unit, 9 psykers and an overseer. The veterans ride in the vendettas and valkyries, they use their scout moves to move up quick and fast. Vedettas pop open transports and vehicles then on the next turn and then the plasma vets shower the occupants with plasma and lasgun fire.

karandras
07-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I think the list is fine. You have plenty of anti-infantry and anti-armour. I run a PF on my CCS too. The Str.6 PW is the only thing that keeps them alive (or at least gives them a chance) should the enemy reach them!!!

Personally, I prefer to run my Veterans with either Carapace or Camo Cloaks, just to differentiate them a bit.

Guard HW Squads are shot magnets and for the reasons already stated by others, I would drop them.

I prefer Manticores to Medusas. I would drop the Lascannon HW and the Melta Bombs from everything. Use the points to swap the Medusas for Manticores and upgrade another of the Valkyries to a Vendetta. Give both Vensettas Heavy Bolters so that they can offer a little more anti-infantry ability should the need arise (facing a horde). The Manticores offset the loss of blast templates from the Valkyrie by providing more than the Medusas.

My only other tidbit of advice, is to check with the TO ahead of time if this is not your usual local store. I am in the southeast USA and in these parts, I have yet to attend a tournament where the Valkyrie/Vendetta was permitted to Scout or Outflank if the embarked unit did not have a USR that permitted it to do so on its own. This is a rules debate that has already been covered in multiple threads on BoLS, but the bottom line is it is not covered in the rules anywhere and has not been officially FAQ'd by GW. May save you from having an argument with an opponent or crushing your plans of world domination!!!

Mr.MoreTanks
07-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I was thinking about droping the lascannon squad for a heavy bolter squad and a unit of three ratlings. Thoughts? I realize that with two vendettas and all that melta running around i really dont need anymore anti tank/monsters.

karandras
07-22-2010, 08:57 PM
I would go with autocannons over heavy bolters if you have the models available... I haven't used my ratlings since the current codex released... Seems it would be giving up a really easy free KP running a squad of 3 though... I would rather add a HK Missle to a vehicle or upgrade a vet squad with something over three ratlings

Mr.MoreTanks
07-23-2010, 12:19 AM
good point... those are easy kill points... the autocannons would be good too, unfortunately i only have two, i got into heavy bolter and lascannon spam haha. But i will definetly drop the ratlings, i usually run power fists in my melta vet squads and i think i might put those points back there.