Transports
Razorback-TLL
DP
LRR-Multimelta

Fast
Baal x2/ Assault cannons and heavy bolters

Heavy Support
Devys-2 plasma cannons, 1 LC, 1 ML

List I plan on using for an upcoming tournament. Works great against shooty nilla marines and horde armys.

Splug
07-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Looks pretty solid - it's a nice well-rounded list with a lot of options (deep strike troops, outflanking baal, etc). You don't have many template attacks, but the number of assault marines compensates for that well - about the only case where it gets a bit iffy is when dealing with something like genestealers or banshees who will go first and ignore your armor. How is the furioso kitted out? You may want to consider the tri-template version, as it provides some much needed high-STR melee as well as the no-cover shooting.

A priest or honor guard might be a good addition to the list if you can find some points to drop for them. Feel No Pain and Furious Charge are excellent assets to have against pretty much any opponent. Maybe cram a priest into the LRR with the terminators? Whether he ever gets out of the land raider or not is going to vary from case to case, but furious charge is kind of awesome with LC's...

A potential problem is that if your assault squads get into combat with something that's in heavy armor, they risk being stuck and helpless for a while. You don't have any power weapons / fists listed on the sergeants, though the terminators and sanguinary guard mitigate that problem if they're nearby. Monstrous creatures would also be a potential problem. There's not enough shooting to reliably kill several of them before they get to you, and no high-STR melee at all.

A good place to get points for either of those would probably be the 5-man DoA assault squad. As nice as the free melta pot shot is, you're then left in deep strike formation waiting for a counterassault / plasma cannon to reap a kill point, and it's fulfilling a role that is already fairly well attended by the rest of the list.

Zeranth
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
My Furioso is just plain outfitted with the 2 fists with built in weaps. I have had alot of success with dropping him in and popping smoke to give him some added survivability while i shoot the biggest threats with my devy squad. I am hoping the redeemer gets close enough for some nice template dropping. Also the PC for some extra. I have not really been deep striking my assault marines for the simple fact that they come in and just get punished. Dante and his squad do a good job of a guaranteed vehicle destroy on turn 1. They also have a pretty good survivability unless plasma/melta etc. I normally run the assaults behind the baals and the LR. works ok so far.