PDA

View Full Version : Prepaint minis for Dark heresy

RazorMind
08-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I know it is blasphemy but not all RPGers play 40K too do they? I mean, for cheap and usable, I like the DnD prepaints for our DnD campaigns, maybe at least some of the weird creatures for Dark heresy?

Plasticfish
08-14-2009, 09:34 AM
well, prepainted minis vould really cut down on the converting time when it comes to some of the more stranger creatures that inhabit the sector. I haven't been using minis that much when we play DH mainly because I don't have any fitting minis.
When we started the campaign I converted a mini each for my players, just for fun, but I'm not going to do that every time they make a new character. And as you say not all are into 40K. In my group it's only me so I can't just say "convert your own carachter" to them.
If I'm going to chose prepainted minis I hope for some sets, so you can get a whole lot of them for a low price.

Spartan
08-29-2009, 11:56 AM
I don`t use minis. It makes the action so much more numbers and tactics like regular 40k. I prefer a more narrative approach. :)

Voxnovanion
09-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I also like a narrative approach but I really like how well painted mini's look on the table and let everyone visualise the characters and what's going on.

Does anyone have good suggestions for a mini representing feral worlders (a feral psyker in bone armor in particular)? And a young tech priest (who doesn't have all the cyberware yet that normal tech priest models seem to come with as standard)?

gospog
09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Voxnovanion, if you can track down Star Wars Epic Duels (board game), it comes with a hooded dude (The Emperor) that I paint red and use for un-augmented Tech Priests.

Ultramarine1
09-02-2009, 12:19 PM
great idea, but what happends whent it's time to augment? hours scratch building? or paying for a techmarines servo arms? I think you dont even need the models to begin with.

jpwyrm
09-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I think minis are a good way to get a tactical representation of a fight. It is visually easier to calculate range and line of sight that way.

As for WYSIWYG, that's impossible to achieve. Even for 40K it can sometime be hard, so I think any appropriately representative mini would be ok.

Dj Batman
09-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I also like a narrative approach but I really like how well painted mini's look on the table and let everyone visualise the characters and what's going on.

Does anyone have good suggestions for a mini representing feral worlders (a feral psyker in bone armor in particular)? And a young tech priest (who doesn't have all the cyberware yet that normal tech priest models seem to come with as standard)?

The Guard Tech Enginseer seems pretty good and is what our group has used.

We just make a character similar to their RP description and such. If people later want swap or convert them they can but we usually keep using the same model even if they now have different equipment as we dont see the need to constantly remake them.

More importantly we become attached to the minis and recognise each other's characters so much so that when the figure of an old character was used (a basic imperial psyker model) we all immediately recognised it as a previous character that turned evil and insisted on calling him the previous characters name, much to the annoyance of our gm.

Anggul
09-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Yeah, there's really no point in using minis or a board or anything, also seeing as you're not meant to be able to see what's coming, only what your character can see and what you can imagine from what you're told.

Logan
09-25-2009, 06:40 PM

For the Tech priest Redemptionists from the necromunda range work well, they have seperate heads so just use a Marine, Scout or Imperial guard head without a helmet and there you have it, plus they have a range of weapons. They already have scrolls, seals and books on them aswell.
Downside is they only come in a set and are quite expensive

Voxnovanion
10-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the tech priest suggestions.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a miniature representing Feral worlder with bone armour (from the Inquisitor's Handbook)?

jumai
07-12-2010, 09:51 PM
this fellow (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1060107&prodId=prod1120103) sort of leaps to mind.

There's also the LotR models... some of the giant elephant rider types (such as this one (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat150110a&prodId=prod1090106) and this other one (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat150111a&prodId=prod1090100)) may offer possibilities.

There's also always the option of getting a plastic skelly sprue and a file.

(edit: whoops, necro'd. my bad)

WereWolf_nr
08-18-2010, 01:25 AM
Reaper has a very large line that you could probably find some minis in. Failing that, I don't have every mini exact (Protectorate of Menoth for the Cleric).