PDA

View Full Version : 1125pt CSM (Half of a 2s tourney list)

Order_from_Chaos
07-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Hey all Im entering a 2s tourney come the end of the month and was looking for some tips on my half of the twos tourney list. Basically me and a buddy will both be playing CSM he will be playing mostly slanesh models so noise marines maybe raptors/possesed with the support of a vindicator. We are only taking 1 Lash because we dont want to get slammed on comp. My list will be a bit more all over the place and here is what I got so far:

Chaos Lord w/ Terminator Armor, Daemon Weapon, Mark of Nurgle, combi melta, melta bombs

8 Khorne Beserkers w/ Skull champ PF

9 Thousand Sons & 1 Sorceror w/ bolt of change, melta bombs
Rhino w/ combi bolter

Vindicator w/ Daemonic Possesion

Land Raider w/ Daemonic Possesion, Dozer blades

Basically how I see it working is the lord with the zerkers hop in the LR turn one and wait for a good time to assault the enemy with a scary 20" assault range (12 move + 2 away from LR + 6" assault) the lord being fairly tough plus potentially putting out alot of dmg plus poison (which I thought will be usefull against nasties from nids and such) The thousand sons will provided cover fire to myself and my partner or anti armor if needed plus will be usefull for claiming objectives. The vindi is there to add a big punch to the firepower of the army and make it easier to crack heavier armor like guard tanks or LRs.

If you have any ideas of what my partner should take to compliment this list let me know! :)

Thats about what Ive got so far let me know what you think!

Cheers!

Connjurus
07-16-2010, 06:21 PM
The only problem I see with this list is that you can't give a model in Terminator Armor Melta Bombs. :p That part of the Chaos Lord list is for models in Power Armor.

Other than that, pretty solid - though I don't see the point in giving the Land Raider Daemonic possession, as its primary goal should be transport, not fire-support, so Extra Armor would be more useful there - but that's not a big thing, and may be some use for a turn or two after you drop off the payload.

Also, is there any way that you can scrounge up the points to replace the Chaos Lord with Typhus? In essence you'd have the same guy, only he'd be a Psyker in Terminator Armor with a Daemon-Force Weapon who counts as having Offensive and Defensive grenades. Once again, not a big issue, but he's great when he's joined with 'zerkers for chaging things in cover.

Pretty solid list from what I see, if your friend is bringing along the speedy-side of the list. :)

Order_from_Chaos
07-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Ya I must have had a brain fart when I put melta bombs on the lord lol. i was thinking about squeezing typhus in but then that drops the model count in my TS squad (which is ok but not ideal). and the land raider has DP just cause we need a bit more anti tank weaponry but would you sugget taking typhus instead of the DP on the LR and i think 2 Thousand sons?

Connjurus
07-16-2010, 07:13 PM
That's a toss-up - the hammer unit as it is right now is pretty solid, but with the prevalence of cover in 5th edition, you'll be charging into it a lot, and the points on the Daemon Weapon is kind of wasted that way, since there aren't that many things that can survive a Khorne Berzerker charge. :P

I actually probably wouldn't drop those for just one unit - especially since you should at least have Extra Armor on the LR, so that it'll be able to be moved short of Immobilization or being Wrecked/Destroyed.

I do believe that your friend should bring a few good things for reserves - swap out the Meltabombs on the Chaos Lord for a Personal Icon, and have him bring some Oblits, Termies, maybe even a squad of Lesser Daemons.

Is he bringing a Lash Sorc. or a Lash Prince?

Order_from_Chaos
07-17-2010, 04:09 PM
He is taking a lash prince with wings and probably a lord on mount with blissgiver

Connjurus
07-17-2010, 04:57 PM
He should probably take a Lord with Wings instead, or a Jump Pack, so that he can attach the Lord to a Raptor squad for ablative casualties in the shooting phase.

I tested out a Lord on mount with Blissgiver. He charged a squad, killed a few people, and then died. He needs to have people with him with the MoS, preferably Raptors. Five man squad with the Asp. Champ with a power weapon or TLCs gives you an extra 16 I:5 attacks, four of which are power weapon attacks. Take off one basic attack and you can even give one of'em a Melta. But the important thing is providing the Lord with extra weight of attacks in the assault phase.

Winged Lash Prince - 155
Bliss-Lord with Wings, Melta-Bombs - 160
10 x Noise Marines w/ Power Weapon-Doom Siren Champ, Blastmaster, 5x Sonic Blasters - 310
Rhino w/ Combi-Melta, Extra Armour - 60
6 x Noise Marines w/ Power Weapon-Doom Siren Champ, Blastmaster, 3x Sonic Blasters - 225
Rhino w/ Combi-Melta - 45
5 x Raptors w/ Mark of Slaanesh, 1 x Meltagun, Asp-Champ w/ TLCs - 170
1x Obliterator
1x Obliterator

Just a basic list, but this would compliment the one you've got quite nicely. You actually forgo taking Noise Marines at all, take a few units of Lesser Daemons, and get more raptors/obliterators.

Order_from_Chaos
07-18-2010, 09:31 PM
I think the winged lord will work nicely Ill pass it on to my partner, unfortunately when he gets an idea in his head its next to impossible to convince him otherwise so I'll just have to see what he comes up with :P
Thanks a ton for the input though Connjurus!

Connjurus
07-19-2010, 07:32 AM
No problem at all. :) Best of luck!