PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Terror

Dooley
07-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Anyone else notice that the Doom Wheel and The Hell Pit Abomination no longer really cause Terror any more!?
They both use "random movement" USR and thus do not cause a charge reaction. The only thing they have going for it is that they can ignore other things that cause terror but that is about it! Sad!

Gooball
07-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Does it say terror is removed?
As it is, terror is not as good as it used to be, and the doomwheel should never have caused it (Fear i can understand) so it's not that big of a deal.

Orminah
07-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Yes, Goo, let's throw a rotating death wheel in front of you that shoots lightning and see if you don't soil your self in TERROR.

Gooball
07-18-2010, 06:58 PM
And the sight of people rotting and still walking towards moaning, with the stench clogging your nose until you can barely breath..

Undeaed cause fear, very few things should be scarier than them, and a wheel that can barely be steered and zaps randomly and well.. in a nutshell is erratic in the extreme.. it just doesn't seem so. Even the steam tank causes terror which is ridiculous.. i would not be more scared of a what is pretty much and armoured mobile cannon more so than undead and giants.
Hell pit i understand, it's well.. a hell-pit..

Hatsgames
07-23-2010, 03:19 PM
I actually enjoy the nerfbat of terror. Its cleaner and easier to herd people around.

I always thought that the aura of 'cheesiness' was a little much. However my pair of Hellcannon (to be named) love shuffling things around the board still. Its fun!

As far as the bell I would consider the loss of Terror a boon. I don't have the squeaks book handy, but I am more afraid of fear than terror in the new addition anyway.

Yo!

Gooball
07-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Terror means pass a panic check or make a flee charge reaction
Fear is the same, but instead of flee'ing they're reduced to WS1
Fear>Terror!

Orminah
07-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Also : The random movement RAW in the Skaven codex, unless it's been covered in the FAQ (haven't checked), lets you make a charge reaction against the HPA and Doomwheel.

Old_Paladin
07-23-2010, 04:11 PM
I might be wrong; but doesn't being charged by a Terror causing unit cause a 'Panic check' not a 'flee charging reaction test.' Similar effect, but different causes, options/choices. They don't get the choice of fleeing; but I can still force them to panic (and maybe cause other units to panic); also some units like longbeards and warriors of chaos have special rules against panic (but not for fleeing).

Also don't terror causing units also cause fear (and will cause fear even to fear causing units); and get a better CR bonus? That would still make terror > fear.

Orminah
07-23-2010, 04:30 PM
The reason I say that is, you don't count as charging if there's no charge reaction; but if you get a charge reaction, then it should cause Terror checks... I'd think...

Old_Paladin
07-23-2010, 04:43 PM
The reason I say that is, you don't count as charging ...

No, it still count as charging; you just disallow the standard reactions to it except for 'hold'.

You still get the +1 CR, you still do impact hits, you still get a lance/spear bonus, etc.; so it'd make sense to still cause panic.

Orminah
07-23-2010, 05:12 PM
So, you mean to tell me, that 8th didn't take away my HPA's ability to cause Terror... ? Oh. Well. I feel better about myself now.

Dooley
08-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I did some research and figured it out! The Hell pit Abomination still causes the terror Check! It says so in its special rules! The unit getting charged still has to pass a leadership test or run. However if they pass the test they may stand and shoot or choose to flee if they really wanted too!

The Doom Wheel however, since it is moved into base contact with enemy via random movement does not benifit from the terror special rule (although it still causes fear!). On the plus side it cannot be stood and shot at and the enemy has no choice but to take the charge!