Bright Lance 30
Wave Serpent 90
Twin-Linked Scatter Lasers 25

Vyper Squadron 135
Bright Lance 30
2 Scatter Lasers 30

Fire Prism 115

Total 1486

Can I get some oppinions on my Saim-Hann list please.

karandras
07-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Eldar are the bestest!

Here are some suggestions/feedback...

There is no reason to give the Autarch a Shuriken Catapult as he already has the ones mounted on the Jetbike! Give him Mandiblasters and a Power Weapon though! Give him a Fusion Gun too if you like!

I would give the Farseer Fortune and Doom or Fortune and Mind War, but I would absolutely make sure he has Fortune and Runes of Warding!

The Dire Avengers should have Defend if your're going to give the Exarch a close combat weapon, I would drop the Diresword and go for Shimmershield/PW as the 5+ invul in close comabt can really frustrate people!

The Guardian Jetbike Squad Warlocks should have Embolden in place of Destructor. They already have a choice of shooting the Singing Spear or the Jetbike Catapults - they don't need a template, but they do need to stay on the table!!!

The Guardian Defender Squad does not need Conceal if you're buying them a Wave Serpant. Give that Warlock Destructor. The Guardian HW Platform should be a Scatter Laser or Shuriken Cannon - the Brightlance is far too expensive for a one shot 4+ to hit weapon. I would actually reccommend swapping them out for Storm Guardians with 2 Fusion Guns, as you do not have Fire Dragons in the list (which is fine).

Your Wave Serpants should have Twin-linked Brightlances and Shuriken Cannon upgrades. That is where you want to put your lances in this army! Downgrade the Vypers weapons to Shuriken Cannons and Scatter Lasers and upgrade all of the Wave Serpants to Brightlances!!!

The Fire Prism needs a holo-field! Make these changes and check the points. If you're over, drop the Warlock from the Guardian Squad in the Wave Serpant. If you're still over drop the Warlocks from the Jetbike squads.

LoverzCry
07-20-2010, 03:47 AM
If you're doing Saim-Hann, everything needs to be bikes or speeders : ) Try to work that out. Sorry, short on time so that's the best I can advise for now! : D

karandras
07-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Not everything needs to be bikes and riders. Saim hann is a normal craftworld. They walk. They sleep in beds. They have warrior temples. They have seers. They just favor bikes considerably more than the other craftworlds.

LoverzCry
07-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Just saying personally, I'd have everything on bikes or speeders if I were making a Saim-Hann list. It only seems proper to me. *shrugs* To each his own, just giving my own insight. No need to be feisty karandras ;3

For instance, one such list that I've conceived, all of my units are either on bikes, speeders, or swooping hawks. Pretty beast actually. But like I said, that just my personal preference.

davel
07-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Eldar are the bestest!

Here are some suggestions/feedback...

There is no reason to give the Autarch a Shuriken Catapult as he already has the ones mounted on the Jetbike! Give him Mandiblasters and a Power Weapon though! Give him a Fusion Gun too if you like!

I would give the Farseer Fortune and Doom or Fortune and Mind War, but I would absolutely make sure he has Fortune and Runes of Warding!

The Dire Avengers should have Defend if your're going to give the Exarch a close combat weapon, I would drop the Diresword and go for Shimmershield/PW as the 5+ invul in close comabt can really frustrate people!

The Guardian Jetbike Squad Warlocks should have Embolden in place of Destructor. They already have a choice of shooting the Singing Spear or the Jetbike Catapults - they don't need a template, but they do need to stay on the table!!!

The Guardian Defender Squad does not need Conceal if you're buying them a Wave Serpant. Give that Warlock Destructor. The Guardian HW Platform should be a Scatter Laser or Shuriken Cannon - the Brightlance is far too expensive for a one shot 4+ to hit weapon. I would actually reccommend swapping them out for Storm Guardians with 2 Fusion Guns, as you do not have Fire Dragons in the list (which is fine).

Your Wave Serpants should have Twin-linked Brightlances and Shuriken Cannon upgrades. That is where you want to put your lances in this army! Downgrade the Vypers weapons to Shuriken Cannons and Scatter Lasers and upgrade all of the Wave Serpants to Brightlances!!!

The Fire Prism needs a holo-field! Make these changes and check the points. If you're over, drop the Warlock from the Guardian Squad in the Wave Serpant. If you're still over drop the Warlocks from the Jetbike squads.

I have to agree with most of what said here, but one or two things do occur.

two of your bike squads can get away with out embolden if you have each of your HQ lead them.

Vypers are mobile so can get round to side amour relatively easily you may save points with EML which can be fired defensively with plasma Mode. How ever they do suffer average BS. Bright lances are best on wraithlords and serpents, or backed up with guide.
Remember eldar can't go toe to to against other tank heavy shooty armies. We need 2 prism cannons to match 1 vindicators shooting ( OK we have a range advantage). This then gets worse with guard tank squadron spam. Our best bet in this situation is to get in close, which your army can do with all it's spears on bikes.

If you take a fire prism seriously consider a second, eldar stuggle for flexibility that the combined shoots offer.

The other thing you will stuggle with is getting opponents of objectives in cover. Eldar have few options to remove cover (flamers and destuctor) and no way of reducing enemy ld ( both of these things becoming a feature of most 5th codexes) Your only option is assault. You have loads of troops you could loose some for banshees in a serpent ( easy to use, operate well from a serpent)

dave l

DrLove42
07-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Fire Prism needs a holofield and probably spirit stones.

Vypers are fast attack aren't they? If they are spread them across the 3 slots available there. That stops you losing all 3 to one squads bolter fire, as instead of 5 hits on all 3, risking all 3, you get 5 hits on 1, which is likely to die, but 2 competly unharmed.

I like the fluffy angle for saim hann but your lacking some assault punch. Think about a squad of Shining Spears....get them to buzz around either alone or with the autarch. Even a squad of 3 is 1 S8 and 2 S6 lance shots, and then the same strength power weapons on the charge.

Edit - Oh yeah runes of Warding on the Farseer if your opponent has anything physic. Physic tests on 3D6, perils abouve a 12? Oh yea....

davel
07-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Fire Prism needs a holofield and probably spirit stones.

Vypers are fast attack aren't they? If they are spread them across the 3 slots available there. That stops you losing all 3 to one squads bolter fire, as instead of 5 hits on all 3, risking all 3, you get 5 hits on 1, which is likely to die, but 2 competly unharmed.

I like the fluffy angle for saim hann but your lacking some assault punch. Think about a squad of Shining Spears....get them to buzz around either alone or with the autarch. Even a squad of 3 is 1 S8 and 2 S6 lance shots, and then the same strength power weapons on the charge.

Edit - Oh yeah runes of Warding on the Farseer if your opponent has anything physic. Physic tests on 3D6, perils abouve a 12? Oh yea....

in 4th I used vypers lots and used them as 3 separate slots. In fith with kill points it is not so clear cut as to seperate or squadron them.

the problem with spears though they fit the fluff is to be effective they must break their prey ( Ideally MEQ) on the charge. Problem is their prey often has leader ship rules that stop them doing that ( combat tactics, TSKNF, fearless chaos troops) on top of that no grenades and dangerous terrain tests makes units on objectives in cover a hard nut to crack. Exarch with withdraw is essential. Though the unit is expensive and only as tough as your guardian jet bikes.

dave l