PDA

View Full Version : Lords and Heroes: How many?

Lunar Camel
07-19-2010, 05:43 PM
So with the 8th edition out and everyone redoing their favorite armies, I wanted to see if everyone is having the same results.

I've been reworking my army lists (500 up to 2250 pts Bretonnians) with the new army selection rules. I've found that I can only field one or two heroes (especially at the lower points). At 1500+ there's a lot more wiggle room to have the Lords and Heroes that I usually take.

Is anyone else having the same problems: Having to cut their Lords and/or Heroes down to only one? Focusing more on the core than the others?

It would be interesting to see how this affecting people's army builds or am I the only one trying to figure it out?

Wathapend2urfase
07-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Honestly think about increasing you list to 3000 points. At 2250 you can't take advantage of any of the new ways to field units. Granted you are playing brets so there isn't much you can do. But my characters are generally <1/3 the points limit. Troops are key to wining now.

Lunar Camel
07-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Honestly think about increasing you list to 3000 points.

The league I play in starts at 2250 pts.

3000+ lists are no problem. Its the smaller lists thats hard to squeeze in the Lords and Heroes.

The other guy
07-21-2010, 04:21 AM
2000pts is standard around here, and in most of the UK to my knowledge.

I play Ogres, and we love big killy characters. I'm playing a Tyrant, a Bruiser BSB and a Slaughter-master in 2000pts. If I had more points i would add a butcher for even more magic goodness, maybe a hunter as well.