2 Heavy Bolter 30
Missile Launcher 15
Power Weapon 15
Melta Bomb 5

Total 1456

Thoughts on my marine list please.

Feighan-Raask
07-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Two things I'd change in this list is Devastator squad and command squad.

If you can find the 12 points I'd have the command squad changed for a terminator squad with thunderhammers and stormsheilds. These will give you a much better punch in combat.
I'd also consider changing your devastator line up. Mix of weapons does give you a lot of options but it means that at least 1 weapon won't be useful. Either have them anti-infantry (plasma cannons, heavy bolters) or anti-tank (lascannon, multi-melta). From what I can see your list could probably do with anti tank. Personally I'd scrap the Devastator squad all together and get a predator with lascannons...covers anti-tank and is cheaper allowing you to replace command squad with terminators.

solemnclockwork
07-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Quick heads up,

If this forum is like all major Warhammer forums (I'm sure it is, but I could be wrong), you cannot post individual points costs. You might want to edit the post to take those out, and just post the overall points your looking for.

Don't worry about posting individual points, everyone should know what your talking about.

Infantry list,

Interesting, the dreadnought is going to soak up a lot of anti-tank fire. Which you might want it to, but you certainly don't want them.

You seem really light on anti-tank. So anymore then 2 vehicles and you might have problems taking them down. Skimmers and Russes will end up chewing/picking off your marines as you don't really have the mobility to handle them.

My friend normally takes one Assault squad against me, and every time he does it's the first thing to go. You need multiple of these guys I think to be effective or you just influence one side of the field. Also I wouldn't really rely on melta bombs with them, because they are already a prime target because of their speed.

I would overall say the list is weak to pie plates, and faster armies, but I could be wrong.