Assault Squad - 2 melta Power Fist - 235
Assault Squad - 2 melta Power Fist - 235
Assault Squad - 2 flamers power weapon - 215

Fast Attack
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145

Heavy Support
Predator - Las Cannons sponsons - 135

So this army is about threat level making my opponent decide what he wants to try to target first.
I am willing to change out the Land Raider for a crusader if it seems that it would do better I only ran it as a normal build for extra tank popping power.
I would also be willing to drop the terminators all together but not the raider I would put it on an assault squad and free up 245 points. Let me know what you guys think and thanks for the feed back.

Zeranth
07-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Not bad but once your LR and the las pred are gone you dont have much anti-armor til your troops get close. And most armies has enough shooting capabilities to blast them off the board before they can get across. Also if you hold one back to cap an objective that also narrow the survivability of the troops.

Ramza
07-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Zeranth is right, against a mech army, I believe the LR and Pred will be their prime targets. Those will go quick. However you do have quite a few Meltaguns thrown in the mix. I'm not convinced about Mephiston, he can be killed pretty easy and then you lost 250pts of HQ. GW relly hurt him by not giving him an invuln.

Angelofblades
07-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Also, all it takes is 1 psy hood or equivalent on the board and Mephiston is heavily neutered. No more flyign Meph, no more ridiculous attacks, no more preferred enemy. 250 pts gone straight down the drain, doing nothing.

Also, you're attempting at multiple threats, but the only threat is that LR and lascan preds. But it's a LR filled with termies, it's gotta move to get the termies to their target, yet if it moves, it's only ever firing one weapon...You just inadvertantly screwed your own tactic. The LR will be much more of a threat if it were able to fire both lascannons, but moving 6" for that LR defeats it's purpose as a transport, because it leavees your opponent more of a chance to pop it.

This problem is further compounded by if you drop the regular LR for say a LRC, you loose the lascannon power.

Also where does the foot priest go? The LR is full.

The list needs a total revamp.

Mycroft Holmes
07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Also, all it takes is 1 psy hood or equivalent on the board and Mephiston is heavily neutered. No more flyign Meph, no more ridiculous attacks, no more preferred enemy. 250 pts gone straight down the drain, doing nothing.

I agree in theory, but admit that I have yet to run Meph with the newest codex.

Also, you're attempting at multiple threats, but the only threat is that LR and lascan preds. But it's a LR filled with termies...

Also where does the foot priest go? The LR is full.

He's actually paying the points for the Crusaider; it has plenty of room left.

3dken
07-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I play Blood angels too. I'd drop the LR, Termies, and Meph. Use the points to get the Sanguinor, and another Sang Priest (all three with jump packs). Put a SP in each asst. sq. They'll last much longer w/FNP and FC. (avoid ap1-3 templates! :) ). Fill out the rest of the points with what ever, like a Furioso dread w/Blood Talons or the Frag cannon (asst 2, S:6, Rending, flame temp), maybe another asst. sq. etc. If you must have a LR, then go for a LRC. Yoou can DS the LRC and if it survives you have 12 shots w/re-rolls for anti-personel and a MM for armor. Always have your Sanguinor near your asst. sq. (squads) for added punch, and near a SP encase you roll a 1 for AS on the Sanguinor!

blackarmchair
07-30-2010, 04:06 AM
Switch the LR out for a LRC and drop Mepheston and take a Chappie or Standard Lib instead.

Use the remaining points for another Pred or a Dev Squad.