chimera w/ heavy flamer

Vet Squad 135pts
x2 melta guns
chimera w/ heavy flamer

Scout Sentinel Squad 80pts
x2 autocannon

Scout Sentinel Squad 80pts
x2 autocannon

Total 1000pts (I think, my math is poor)

So, the basic idea is to keep the Psykers in reserve (keep the buggers safe) and outflank the sentinels to pop transports. All the while the vets are moving up to capture objectives or pop heavy armor, and the firing line is kept from running like school girls by the commissar. Please let me know if there is anyway I can improve my list.

Hugz4Genestealers
07-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, one "improvement" would be to equip your scout sentinels with legal weaponry, although to be fair, I mix up Assault Cannon with Autocannon more often than I would readily admit... Oh, and that's only 980 points, so there's definitely a bit more room for wargear in there. The CCS is just planning on standing back and looking pretty, right? I would drop the lascannon from that squad and trade it out for a Master of Ordinance; if the outflanking sentinels and the meltavets aren't enough to deal with enemy armor at the 100(0) point range, one guardsman with a lascannon probably isn't going to swing the battle in your favor. A free S9 AP3 large blast every turn, though... it'll keep things interesting in any event. Looking pretty solid, otherwise.

CouchViking
07-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the quick catches, makes me feel a little sheepish really. Though, I must admit dropping the lascannon for a master of ordnance is a pretty good idea. However it still leaves me 10pts, any ideas?

Hugz4Genestealers
07-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Maybe another Autocannon Hvy Weapon team in either of the Command Squads? They're 10 points each, and again, it's not like your Company Command Squad will be doing much else, it would seem.