PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts High Elves

eldargal
07-21-2010, 02:05 AM
This list basically reflects what models I have painted at the moment, I haven't done any WFB but I think this would be a decent list for 8th, opinions?

Edit: Blast, thought I posted this in Army Lists.

Aleqsandria, Lvl 2 Mage, Seerstaff of Saphery

Lothern Seaguard x 25, Shields, Sea Master, Musician, SB

Swordmasters of Hoeth x 18, Bladelord

Ellyrian Reavers x 5 Bows, Spears

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Total: 1002

Basic tactics, advance forward with infantry to squish the Foreigners, Ellyrian reavers flank and be annoying in that special High Elf way, Repeater Bolt Thrower shoots stuff which looks threatening. Mage zaps stuff with that flamey high magic spell and used the shieldey HM spell to protect the infantry as needed.

I'll be fighting a battle against my brothers Warriors of Chaos in a few hours, might post a battle report.

DarkAngelHopeful
07-21-2010, 02:12 AM
Eldargal,

That list looks about like the beginnings of a list I'm working on. Unfortunately I don't have my army book to fine tune it. But I'm particularly interested in hearing how your Seaguard and Swordmasters do in combat.

Looks like you have a good list to start with.

Respectfully,
DarkAngelHopeful

eldargal
07-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Great minds, and whatnot.:) Actually I'd usually put more archers in an army this size, but I don't have them available.

Here is my brothers WoC list I will be playing against shortly:

Khoq the Diseased, Lvl2 Sorcerer, Chaos Steed, MoN, Power Familiar

‘Khoq’s Mighty’ 30 Warriors, Command, MoN, shields, Festering Standard

‘Khoq’s Marauders’ 25 Marauders, shields, Command.

‘Carriage of Khoq’ Chaos Chariot

UltramarineFan
07-21-2010, 03:07 AM
That WoC army looks pretty solid, though I don't know enough about High Elves to make a good judgement on them.

Ka Faraq Gatri
07-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Looks good, though my preference in smaller games is to use Spearmen rather than Sea Guard - I use blocks of 25 as well, and find that the extra 100 points that you spend on Sea Guard are better spent elsewhere - a Tiranoc Chariot for example, or two great eagles. Personally, I just feel that the 10 bow shots you'll get once or twice a game just aren't worth spending 10% of your points on.

Regardless of that, it looks like a good list, and I hope that the Seeress Aleqsandra can cope with the mighty diseased Khoq she's about to handle. And I do apologise most sincerely for that pun.

eldargal
07-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Normally I'd use Spearmen and archers in a small points force too, but I don't have any spearmen painted up. You're right about the bow shots by the way, I forgot I had them for the entire battle.:rolleyes: Battle report is up here:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=8519

Khoq got what was coming to him, don't worry.;)