PDA

View Full Version : Warseer Refugee...

EmperorEternalXIX
08-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Greetings all. Big fan of the site. Love the supplements you guys do here. As a print designer and aspiring game designer I am fascinated by stuff like user made datasheets and campaign books.

I come from Warseer originally, and am hoping to meet a better crowd here. Warseer is a very useful resource and a mature forum overall, but there is a lot of nastiness floating around toward GW and I'm really not interested in listening to it much anymore.

Unlike most people at Warseer I actually love 40k and find it to be a brilliantly designed game that achieves nearly 100% of what it is going for, in both practice and execution. I also like GW's practices as a company, and though I'm often alone I feel that the products are of a high and ever-improving quality despite their missteps.

Hopefully I can look forward to a less antagonistic board here at BOLS. Keep up the great work for the community!

Bigred
08-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the lounge!

You may enjoy the BoLS minidex subforum as that is the place to ask questions, or discuss anything related to the design and production of that kind of material.

oni
08-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Welcome.

I too no longer enjoy Warseer. I dislike leafing through all of the BS and the moderators are horrible.

So far I've been very pleased with the BoLS Lounge. :)

EmperorEternalXIX
08-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah, currently I am the subject of the ire of a bunch of guard players over there. But it's not the first time I haven't been allowed to express a point of view without a noteworthy degree of condescension being thrown my way.

This place seems more my speed, anyway. Bell of Lost Souls is a huge benefit to the gaming community as a whole, and their editorials are always excellent reads. For a guy like me who could sit and talk about Warhammer 40k all day and all night that is a real godsend, hehe.

oni
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
I agree. Although, since the Lounge is still picking up speed and I ran out of things to read/reply to; I went against my cardinal rule of never going into the Rules threads.

Aims
08-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the Lounge. We try to keep the useless stuff to an absolute minimum here. Hope you enjoy your stay with us!