PDA

View Full Version : Logic Issues

Hatsgames
07-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Okay,

We're back...and we're confused.
I have just read the NEW, new FAQ on GW's website and my brain hurts.

My good ole friend Bob is in fear for his ability to crush units on the charge. The reason that he fears resides in the Skaven FAQ of all places...

Tell me if I'm reading this wrong...
The Skaven Bell/Furnace gains a grand total of 1 attack when frenzied. This attack is given to the crew attacks listed in its profile. The dude rising on top gets no bonuses, and the crewmen are counted as a single model for purposes of the extra attack special rule.

Elsewhere in the FAQ its states that the rat-rat arty crew each get an additional attack...

According to the new rules, the crew are incorperated into the model of the artillery piece they support, acting as wounds, but participating in hand to hand with a single attack each.

In both cases a single model is being referenced, but they are treated in different ways by the dudes that wrote the FAQ.

The reason that I am so interested in this is for Bob, my army general.
He happens to be a Lord of Khorne of Chariot. Its a swanky ride too!
Is it possible to extrapolate that since the crew of the Bell/Furnace gain a total of one attack that Bud (Bob's driver-and only crew on the chariot) gets the one extra attack?
Do I get to pick between Bud and the steeds when determining who gets the extra attack?
Does my opponent get to pick?
Do I give each element of the model the extra attack?

We are interested in anyone's opinions on the subject...as well as page references to help learn these new confounded rules.

Thanks All!

Essayons
07-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Just don't fight Skaven.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Essayons.

fuzzbuket
07-23-2010, 03:41 AM
and the saga of bob continues ....:D

Hatsgames
07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
When the squeaks hit town, the men of chaos run screaming-'No! Not in my rules!'

Been playing with those rules in mind...not as terrible as I once thought. Makes assaulting Steam Tanks a pain, but the good ole chariots without marks aint soooooo bad. I will have to have Bob keep his angry face, if he reformed now he'd look real silly leading the army.

Thanks you two!