PDA

View Full Version : Wazzadakkas Kult Of Hiding

icecube
08-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Ok hre is an army list that iīve seriously thought of. Fritz at http://saimhann.blogspot.com/ plays his army like an survivor (hide, turn 5 objective grab) army. So inspired by his " Army to the tacticks, not tacticks to the army" post recently, i thought about doing the same with Orks. If someone has allready posted this idea i seriously apologize. So here we go:
HG
Wazzadakka Gutsmek 180
he was taken solely for his ability to make warbiker mobs as troops. In game he will accompany the nob bikers to battle.

TROOPS
7 Nobz, Bikes, 4 powerclaws, 1 Waaagh! banner, 1 combi-scorcha, painboy.All have cybork bodies. 500
this will be my "seer counsil", aka the uber unit that the enemy will fear of coming close to and that will pressure them on the start .Wazzadakka will join this unit.

9 Warbikers, Nob, powerclaw, bosspole. 290
This unit will take the role of guardian jetbikes. It is their role to hide the entire game, only going all out on turn 5 to contest/control objectives. The Nob will act as an Warlock with the enhance psyhic power and a singing spear.

Same as above.

12 ork boyz, Nob,powerclaw, bosspole. Trukk with reinforced ram and armour plates. 162
This unit will drop out of their trukk on turn 4, and sit back and hold an objective while the trukk will go and contest an objective on turn 5.

FAST ATTACK

3 warbuggies with twin-linked rokkit launchas 105
These will take the role of wypers, aka zooming to an wehicles side/rear armor and fire their rokkits.

same as above.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Looted wagon with boomgun, 'ard case and armour plates. 125
This will take the role of a wave serpent, wich is simply to kill the enemy from afar.

Total point cost: 1757

That makes it an nice and solid point cost.The idea is basically to do what is allready stated above. With this army you will allways want to go second and reseve everything. For futher details go check out http://saimhann.blogspot.com/ if you havenīt done so allready.

Please feel free to C/C:)

Chumbalaya
08-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Ok hre is an army list that iīve seriously thought of. Fritz at http://saimhann.blogspot.com/ plays his army like an survivor (hide, turn 5 objective grab) army. So inspired by his " Army to the tacticks, not tacticks to the army" post recently, i thought about doing the same with Orks. If someone has allready posted this idea i seriously apologize. So here we go:

Holding your army in reserves can be viable, but it's boring as hell. Orks can't do it because they have nothing to influence reserve rolls.

HG
Wazzadakka Gutsmek 180
he was taken solely for his ability to make warbiker mobs as troops. In game he will accompany the nob bikers to battle.

He's a solid pick.

TROOPS
7 Nobz, Bikes, 4 powerclaws, 1 Waaagh! banner, 1 combi-scorcha, painboy.All have cybork bodies. 500
this will be my "seer counsil", aka the uber unit that the enemy will fear of coming close to and that will pressure them on the start .Wazzadakka will join this unit.

You need a Warboss to make them Troops

This unit will take the role of guardian jetbikes. It is their role to hide the entire game, only going all out on turn 5 to contest/control objectives. The Nob will act as an Warlock with the enhance psyhic power and a singing spear.

Same as above.

You're not playing Eldar, stop trying too. Orks are speedy and avoidy, they are speedy, shooty, and choppy. You want to get stuck in, or blast away with those dakkaguns. I'd bump up to 12 for Fearless loving.

12 ork boyz, Nob,powerclaw, bosspole. Trukk with reinforced ram and armour plates. 162
This unit will drop out of their trukk on turn 4, and sit back and hold an objective while the trukk will go and contest an objective on turn 5.

It's not hard to blow up an AV10 open-topped vehicle, nor is it hard to run off 12 boyz.

FAST ATTACK

These will take the role of wypers, aka zooming to an wehicles side/rear armor and fire their rokkits.

I'd prefer more Buggies with big shootas. They can get around the sides and rear and threaten infantry too.

same as above.

As above.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Looted wagon with boomgun, 'ard case and armour plates. 125
This will take the role of a wave serpent, wich is simply to kill the enemy from afar.

AV11 is not hard to pop, it's also prone to doing stupid stuff.

Why not just make an Eldar army? Biker Orks work just fine, just not like this. Biker Boss, Wazdakka, Biker Nobs, and everything else spent on big biker mobs and Buggies. Lootas would fit in nicely too to knock out transports your army would have problems with.

Jwolf
08-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Especially important to take enough Lootas to kill Landraiders. ;)

Looted Wagons are fine if you have a Big Mek and some Battlewagons to hide it completely behind from some angles. As the single thing with longer range guns and AV11, it's dead to relatively light shooting.

Bikers are too fragile to be terribly effective in the role you ask of them. And since they don't ignore intervening units and terrain like Eldar Bikes, it's very easy to block them from objectives or fence them in with Rhino walls.

Nob Bikers need a bit more gear so that each one is an individual sub-unit to maximize their potential.

You should have at least one unit of just plain Shoota Boyz to walk on and hold an objective in your deployment area. Trukk Boyz are nearly useless if taken as one unit in a Trukk - they just die.