PDA

View Full Version : Daleks

Master Bryss
07-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Right now I am incredibly angry. The guy who wrote the Storm Dragons Codex refuses to change it and listen to reason, and because he's so flipping mad about it, I've lost a worthy opponent. I am in a rage! Exterminate! Extermi...heeey there's an idea...

The Daleks are a once-proud race that lost their empire when the early Imperium destroyed it and had their travel units reforged into the now infamous 'Heresy' armour. They have resorted to hiring themselves out as mercenaries in a bid to find a new Skaro. Dalek armour has constantly evolved over the years from a low-cost suit to a powerful attack hovercraft, however due to the scattered nature of the Daleks not all of them have the most recent armour types. They can often be seen fighting alongside soldiers of all races, apart from one small group, who are content serving a beverage known as 'tea'.

Daleks may be taken as a Troops choice in any army. The entire squad may consist of either Mk.1 or Mk.4 armour. Alternatively, Mk.5 Daleks can be taken as an Elites choice.

Mk.1 Dalek- 18 points per model
<table border="1"><tr><td>WS</td><td>BS</td><td>S</td><td>T</td><td>W</td><td>I</td><td>A</td><td>LD</td><td>SV</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>4</td><td>4</td><td>4</td><td>1</td><td>3</td><td>1</td><td>10</td><td>4+</td></tr></table>

Unit Composition: 3-10 Daleks

Unit Type: Infantry

Wargear: Mk.1 Travel Machine, Close Combat Weapon, Dalek Beam Gun

Options: For every two Daleks in the squad one may replace their beam gun with a flamer for +5 points, or replace their close combat weapon with a blowtorch for +20 points. One Dalek may upgrade to a Special Weapons Dalek at +30 points.

Special Rules: Stubborn, Limited Movement Capacity

Limited Movement Capacity: Simply put, Mk.1 Daleks cannot go up stairs.Daleks treat all building terrain as impassable.

Mk.4 Dalek- 25 points per model
<table border="1"><tr><td>WS</td><td>BS</td><td>S</td><td>T</td><td>W</td><td>I</td><td>A</td><td>LD</td><td>SV</td></tr><tr><td>4</td><td>4</td><td>4</td><td>4</td><td>1</td><td>4</td><td>1</td><td>10</td><td>3+</td></tr></table>

Unit Composition: 3-10 Daleks

Unit Type: Jump Infantry (jet pack)

Wargear: Mk.4 Travel Machine, Plunger, Dalek Beam Gun

Options: For every two Daleks in the squad one may replace their beam gun with a flamer for +5 points, or replace their plunger with a blowtorch for +20 points. One Dalek may upgrade to a Special Weapons Dalek at +30 points.

Special Rules: Stubborn, Force Field

Force Field: More recent travel machines have an integrated force field. A Dalek with a force field has a 5+ Invulnerable Save.

Mk.5 Dalek- 40 points per model
<table border="1"><tr><td>WS</td><td>BS</td><td>S</td><td>T</td><td>W</td><td>I</td><td>A</td><td>LD</td><td>SV</td></tr><tr><td>4</td><td>5</td><td>4</td><td>4</td><td>1</td><td>4</td><td>1</td><td>10</td><td>2+</td></tr></table>

Unit Composition: 3-10 Daleks (Drone Paradigm)

Unit Type: Jump Infantry (jet pack)

Wargear: Mk.5 Travel Machine, Plunger, Dalek Beam Gun

Options: Any Dalek may upgrade to one of the following Paradigms for +20 points, but only one of each Paradigm may be taken: Supreme, Strategist, Eternal, Scientist.

Supreme: The squad may re-roll failed Leadership checks and always test at Ld.10.
Eternal: An Eternal Dalek has Feel No Pain and 2 Wounds.
Strategist: The squad may Outflank.
Scientist: A Scientist Dalek's Beam Gun is S6, AP2.

Special Rules: Stubborn, Force Field, Superior Beings

Force Field: More recent travel machines have an integrated force field. A Dalek with a force field has a 5+ Invulnerable Save.

Superior Beings: Mk.5 Daleks belive other Daleks to be weak and have vowed to exterminate them. If there is a unit of Mk.1 or Mk.4 Daleks within line of sight of a unit of Mk.5 Daleks, the Mk.5 Daleks must attempt to shoot them, even if they are on the same army!

Wargear:

Dalek Beam Gun: The primary Dalek weapon. It has the following profile:

Range: 18", S:5, AP:3, Type: Assault 1

Plunger: Plungers allow Daleks to suffocate their foes. A Plunger is a power weapon that always wounds on 4+, but Daleks with Plungers can never gain bonus attacks for any reason.

Flamer: This is an ordinary flamer.

Blowtorch: An early Dalek weapon capable of penetrating tanks. A Blowtorch is a power weapon that makes the user S6 when attacking vehicles.

Special Weapons Dalek: A Special Weapons Dalek uses a unique and rare travel machine that allows heavy weapons to be mounted. A Special Weapons Dalek replaces its normal weapons and armour for a Special Travel Machine, granting it a 2+ Armour Save and a Railgun (no submunitions) that may be fired on the move. However, the weapon requires charging and may not be fired in two consecutive Shooting Phases.

Well that's another British institution brought into 40k-dom. Hope you enjoy, and C+C is very welcome.

rbryce
07-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Actually Awsome timing! about a month ago i found a load of my old 80s toy daleks that are a very close match to 40K scale. Hmmmmmm.

Hugz4Genestealers
07-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Congratulations on making me wish I was british for a minute. I wish I had toy Daleks in my army...

Master Bryss
07-25-2010, 04:24 AM
Added an extra sentence of fluff explaining the true fate of Skaro and its relationship with the Imperium. I kinda wanted to write up the Doctor as well, but, y'know, he doesn't do weapons very well.

DrLove42
07-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Awesome....add that to these http://www.heresyminiatures.com/scifi.htm (scroll down to "Scientists and Civilians") and this http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1681 and we're halfway to a Dr Who proper game...

Asymmetrical Xeno
07-26-2010, 11:14 AM
hrm, all the heresy stuff just looks like new-who stuff...now if they did some virgin new adventures stuff, that would rock. id totally kill for a Timewyrm model, or chelonians...or ace in her space-suit.

rbryce
07-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Awesome....add that to these http://www.heresyminiatures.com/scifi.htm (scroll down to "Scientists and Civilians") and this http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1681 and we're halfway to a Dr Who proper game...

its amazing just how close they got to the way mat holds himself, but give me some Tom Baker lovin', he could portray madness extremely well(it helps hes actually a bit mad anyway). somewhere ive got a coat, hat and scarf to match his lol!