View Full Version : 2,000 points of Blood Angels for NOVA OPEN

Sanguinary Dan
07-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Blood Angels 2000 point army
HQ
Commander Dante - with Sanguinary Guard
Librarian w/Jump Pack (Unleash Rage & ????) - with Sanguinary Guard

Elites
Furioso Dreadnought Librarian (Wings of Sanguinius & Fear of the Darkness)
Sanguinary Priest w/Jump Pack & Lightning Claw - with Sanguinary Guard

Troops
Sanguinary Guard w/Infernus Pistol, Power Fist & Chapter Banner
RAS-10 w/Thunder Hammer, Melta Gun & Flamer
DC-6 w/Bolters, Power Fist & Power Sword - in Stormraven
Death Company Furioso w/Magna Grapple and Blood Talons - in Stormraven

Fast Attack
VAS-6 w/Jump Packs, Thunder Hammer & 2x Lightning Claws

Heavy Support
Stormraven w/Typhoon Missile Pods

Options for the final 130 points
RAS-5 w/Power Axe & Melta Gun
or
Chaplain w/TDA
or
Dreadnought
or
What?

I need some help figuring out:
A ) if this list works as a core
B ) what secondary power to give the Librarian
C ) how to spend the last 130 points

Any and all comments, criticism and "Well duh!" are greatly appreciated. :p

Hugz4Genestealers
07-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Taking another Dread with some long-ranged antitank might be a good idea, and on that note, Blood Lance could be a solid second power for the Librarian.

Sanguinary Dan
07-31-2010, 07:42 AM
My original list was a bit of a failure so here's another try.

Blood Angels 2,000 point army
HQ
Commander Dante
Librarian Gabriel w/Jump Pack (Unleash Rage & Sanguine Sword) - with Dante
Honor Guard w/Thunder Hammer, 2x Storm Bolters & 2x Lightning Claws - in Stormraven

Elites
Brother Dan'l (Furioso Dreadnought) w/Frag Cannon, Melta Gun, Magna Grapple & Extra Armor - in Stormraven
Brother Icarius (Sanguinary Priest) w/Jump Pack, Lightning Claw & Melta Bombs - with Dante

Troops
Sanguinary Guard w/Infernus Pistol, Power Fist & Chapter Banner - with Dante
RAS-8 w/Thunder Hammer & Melta Gun
RAS-5 w/Power Fist, Hand Flamer & Melta Gun
- Razorback w/tl Assault Cannons & HK missile
RAS-5 w/Power Fist, Hand Flamer & Flamer
- Razorback w/tl Heavy Flamers & HK missile

Fast Attack
Attack Bike Squadron-2 w/Heavy Bolters
Land Speeder w/Heavy Bolter & Typhoon Missile Pods

Heavy Support
Stormraven w/tl Assault Cannons & Typhoon Missile Pods

Options:
1) replace Sanguine Sword with ???
2) replace Frag Cannon & Magna Grapple with Blood Talons & Heavy Flamer (5 points cheaper)
3) replace tl Assault Cannons with tl Plasma Guns + Lascannon or tl Lascannons
4) replace Flamerback (squad regains jump packs) and Attack Bikes with Rifleman

So what do y'all think? Better than my DC based list? Are any of the options that one change that makes the list better?

Sanguinary Dan
08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Blood Angels 2,000 point army
HQ
Commander Dante
Librarian Constantine w/Jump Pack (Unleash Rage & Shield of Sanguinius) - with Dante
Honor Guard w/Thunder Hammer, 2x Storm Bolters & 2x Lightning Claws - in Stormraven

Elites
Brother Dan'l (Furioso Dreadnought) w/Frag Cannon, Melta Gun, Magna Grapple & Extra Armor - in Stormraven
Brother Gabriel (Sanguinary Priest) w/Jump Pack, Lightning Claw & Melta Bombs - with Dante

Troops
Sanguinary Guard w/Infernus Pistol, Power Fist & Chapter Banner - with Dante
RAS-8 w/Thunder Hammer & Melta Gun
RAS-5 w/Power Fist, Hand Flamer & Flamer
- Razorback w/Lascannon, tl Plasma Guns, Extra Armor & HK missile
RAS-5 w/Power Fist & Melta Gun

Fast Attack
Attack Bike-1 w/Heavy Bolter
Attack Bike-2 w/Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support
Brother Lucas (Dreadnought) w/dual tl Autocannons
Stormraven w/tl Assault Cannons & Typhoon Missile Pods

Changes:
1) replaced Sanguine Sword with Shield of Sanguinius.
2) replaced tl Assault Cannons with Lascannon + tl Plasma Guns for extra range and guaranteed low AP.
3) replaced Flamerback (squad regained jump packs) and Land Speeder with Rifleman Dreadnought and EA for Razorback.

This should be my "final" version.

I know everyone likes Multi-meltas better for Attack Bikes, but I like how people ignore the HB bikes. Combined with their ability to haul *** is how dangerous they can be in an assault when in the Sanguinary Priest's bubble of FNP + FC. The only question is one squadron or two singles?

Anyone care to guess why the Dreadnought is Brother Lucas? :D

Tynskel
08-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Interesting list so far:

Have you had much success with the Sanguinary Priest with Lightning Claw? In your case, you have him with Dante and 5 Sanguinary Guard, most things will be dead before they'll have a chance to attack the Sanguinary Priest--- but have you thought about instead of a Lightning Claw, giving a Sgt. an Infernus Pistol?

What I see in your list is a lot of great anti-transport firepower, but shy on the anti-tank. In that regard, I would stick with the Twin-Linked Assault Cannon-- you can still kill tough troops, but have a very consistent anti-tank option too.

I do like the use of the Hv Bolter Attack Bikes--- That's 6 HvB +2-4 twin-linked bolters a turn--- pretty nice!
I also like the Mortis Dreadnought-- two Twin-Linked Autocannons rock- and the Blood Angel's Mortis Dreadnought is Inexpensive--- less than the Space Marines!

Duke
08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Just got done with bolscon and I have to say I noticed a few things...

1. Shield of anguinius and blood lance on the Libby. Or shield and unleash rage.

2. Max out infernos pistols in sang guard squad... At lest bring 2 plus Dante

3. Sad to not see baal predators, scouting and loping smoke is amazing! Especially if you don't have first turn, so is out flank.

4. Don't pay for upgrades on storm ravens, they deliver and die. I wouldn't use one at all unless it hits Ike a ton of bricks (which your might with the ras and dread)

5. Target priority is easy with this list, storm raven 1st, Dante 2nd... You don't make the opponent make any hard decisions.

6. Drop the hand flamer, period.

7. Put the multi metlas on the bikes, non mm attack bikes are ignored cause they don't do crap.

Hope this helps so far

Duke

LoverzCry
08-07-2010, 03:27 AM
I totally second everything Dan just said.

Why no Preds? I'm really not surprised to see more mech. Mech isn't always better than infantry, but it's usually a lot tougher. Not so squishy.

I personally don't care for Sanguinary Guard, but that's just me. If I were you, I'd drop them entirely.

Your troops are looking kinda squishy. Even though you took out your DC, and made more room for taking objectives and such, your guys still aren't lookin too hot. Kinda skimpy on the troops side, but *shrugs* if you can make it work.

I also noticed that you have a stormraven gunship, and a squad in there but... no dreadnought. Seems kind of a waste not to bring a dred along for the ride in your chariot of doom. If you're not gonna make your Dreadnought close combat, I'd drop the gunship, and invest in Pods or something else instead. You could also make your troops more beefy, or something like that : D

You need more Sanguinary Priests. They'll save you SO many times. They're like little Eldrad mini's truckin around the field, coming to save the day.

Hope all that helps :D