Sergeant w/ Power Fist & Bolt Pistol

(1) Sternguard Veteran Squad- 370
10 man squad w/ 7 combi-meltas & 2 Heavy flamers
Sergeant w/ Power Fist & Combi-melta
Drop Pod

(2) Assault Terminator Squads- 640
5 Thunder Hammer Storm Shields & 2 Lightning Claws
Sergeant with Thunder Hammer Storm Shield

Well there it is. The idea is to have Shrike infiltrate up with a squad of Assault Termies. The scouts are there for morale support. The Librarian hangs out with the other Termies and Gates them up to where the party is happening. With everything else coming down in pods, the game is held almost entirely on the enemy's side of the board. The sternguard are there to pop any pesky tanks the cowards decide to hide in to allow for ease of slaughter for shrike and his boys. Should the enemy decide to hide in reserve, the tact squads will come down to form the firing line for when they arrive with the threat of the sternguard still lurking above.

Please give thoughts. This will be the first tourney with this list, but i have arrived at this point through previous playtesting. Even if i don't win, this list should be fun as hell to play!

Ramza
07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Not a bad list, the only problem I see with it is that once those marines land, they will be easy prey for the cc oriented troops that u deep struck onto their side of the board. Also, it seems like your first turn will be 2 tac squads popping vehicles but not much else, then those tac squads would get obliterated and then ur down to 1 scoring unit of scouts, which are simple to kill with heavy weapons. I think that it is a strong list if your first turn of dropping and popping goes well, cuz shrike will be there to mop up. My only other comment would be that it does not have a lot of targets, you have 6 squads that are targets and 1 will not be on table right away, so your opponent now only has 5 targets to shoot and and kill, if they can have a pretty decent target priority it may go bad for you. I do not know how this list plays for you, it sounds really fun and I could see it doing well or doing not so well, if you will be competing in the BOLSCON 40k GT Ill be there with my marines to see how it does!