PDA

View Full Version : Not actually 40k... but who's getting SC2?

Drew da Destroya
07-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting my copy... Amazon shipped it today... too excited. Anyone waiting in line for a midnight sale? Waiting on Amazon to ship it? Preparing to download it?

Constructing additional pylons?

Aenir
07-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Terrans FTW

Am contemplating going to the store to get it, have it pre-ordered and paid for :)

Lerra
07-27-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm a huge fan of SC2. I'll be playing on the US servers under the name Leridas.

Too bad they removed the identifier system, though =/ That would make it easier to set up games with the BOLS crew.

DrLove42
07-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Where are the specs for it listed? Wanna know if my laptop can handle it, cos i'm kinda tempted to try it, stave off the long summer months of boredom....49 days till Halo Reach :D

Drew da Destroya
07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I thought the specs were listed on Starcraft2.com. As long as your laptop isn't older than 5 years, though, I'd assume you can run it on the lowest graphic settings. Mine can handle it, at least.

I got confirmation that mine was shipping last night... hoping it's waiting for me when I get home from work. It's about time I found out what Jimmy's been doing with his life!

And then I can go online and Void Ray Lerra there.

Torcano
07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Whoa is DrLove completely new at the internet and/or life? You actually have no idea where you would find the tech specs for one of the most well-known PC games ever? Has to be a joke. Do you post on a forum every time you need to find some information? Must be pretty freaking time consuming.

Here's a HUGE tip: WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Trust me buddy, its amazing how much faster a search engine is than asking a forum that doesn't even have to do with the topic.

Not to mention, do you live under a rock? Blizzard games have always been designed to run on the lowest specs possible, and to run smoothly, especially for online play. It will have nowhere near the specs that Reach demands, thats for sure.

Sorry for all this I just found your post mind-boggling.

---

Anyways moving on. I took an extended lunch today to go to my local store and pick up SC2, got a half-decent mousepad for pre-ordering as well. Oh and since it was ~30% off I picked up the strat guide as well, the Brady Games ones are usually a good read and useful information aplenty. I was actually really pleased with it after browsing through, it is roughly 75% on multiplayer with tons of tips, strategies, build orders and the like from pros (all Koreans?) as well as the requisite data on units/tech trees. I think that ALL of the strats/advice are race specific. I'd recommend the guide to anyone who is going to delve into battle.net much at all, especially if you arent a l33t Azn.

DrLove42
07-28-2010, 03:56 AM
Here's a HUGE tip: WWW.GOOGLE.COM

I'll be honest...no that thought didn't actually occur to me :P. How bad is that?