PDA

View Full Version : Sydney South West Gamers wanted.

Daemonette666
07-28-2010, 07:02 AM
I live in Campbelltown for those not familiar, its in Sydney's South West. I play Battletech, and Warhammer 40K, as well as trying to read the massive Tome that is 8th ed Fantasy to see if I really want to play it as much any more. I would prefer to play Apocalypse or Armoured Speadhead, or Battletech.

I have all the equipment required for the games, and if you want to learn, then I can teach you as well. My current armies are Chaos Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Imperial/Traitor Guard, An experimental Army using an unofficial codex - Adeptus Arbites, and finally Chaos Daemons for both Fantasy and 40K. For Battletech, I have 902 miniatures, and have been collecting for nearly 24 years. I can teach newcomers the basic rules, then work up to level 2 rules.

I would generally be playing on a Sunday, and if possible I would bring a friend or 2 along to make up a team game to share tactics and learn new armies.

I have also been painting for 26 years, so know a thing or 2. I can give painting tips as well if you want, but do not paint for other people (too busy with my own).

If you are interested let me know. Either via an email on this forum or reply to this thread.

Koppenflak
10-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey there.

I'm from the Sutherland Shire... semi-regular at Miranda, and I routinely make the trip out to Campbelltown to visit mates out there. :)

I play 40K and BFG.

Daemonette666
10-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Hey there.

I'm from the Sutherland Shire... semi-regular at Miranda, and I routinely make the trip out to Campbelltown to visit mates out there. :)

I play 40K and BFG.
Sounds cool.

I am working a 5 armies for 40K, Chaos Space Marines being my favourite.

If you want to play a game sometime, let me know. I can meet you at the local Gloria Jeans or somewhere like that.

Koppenflak
10-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Sounds cool.

I am working a 5 armies for 40K, Chaos Space Marines being my favourite.

If you want to play a game sometime, let me know. I can meet you at the local Gloria Jeans or somewhere like that.

Definately up for it. Have any aversions to an IG Armoured Battlegroup? Dunno how I'll go time wise in the next week or so because Im headed south for the Melbourne cup weekend, but after that, sure.

Daemonette666
10-25-2010, 06:03 PM
There is a gaming shop that just opened up in campbelltown on Queen street 2 blocks from my place. It is soo handy. They bare going to run a 24 hour Apocalypse game from the 26th - 27th of February. Details on points limits etc will be detailed as the event gets nearer.

IG Armoured forces are really hard to go against. How many points?

I might even send in my corrupted Sisters of Perfection against you. 2 exorcists, 8 immolators, 6 with TL Multi Meltas plus a a lot of Melta guns and Multi Meltas and Flamers amongst the standard troops.

I could also take my Emperor's Children Battle Company backed up by up to 3 Defilers, 15 Obliterators, 2 Chaos landraiders, and Tzeentch war coven. It wold be good to work out an army to go against an IG Armoured Battlegroup.

I have enough room at my place, and I know the new gaming store allows players to come in and battle each other instore.

I am going in there today to order some battle foam trays and carry bags.

Koppenflak
12-18-2010, 02:47 AM
There is a gaming shop that just opened up in campbelltown on Queen street 2 blocks from my place. It is soo handy. They bare going to run a 24 hour Apocalypse game from the 26th - 27th of February. Details on points limits etc will be detailed as the event gets nearer.

IG Armoured forces are really hard to go against. How many points?

I might even send in my corrupted Sisters of Perfection against you. 2 exorcists, 8 immolators, 6 with TL Multi Meltas plus a a lot of Melta guns and Multi Meltas and Flamers amongst the standard troops.

I could also take my Emperor's Children Battle Company backed up by up to 3 Defilers, 15 Obliterators, 2 Chaos landraiders, and Tzeentch war coven. It wold be good to work out an army to go against an IG Armoured Battlegroup.

I have enough room at my place, and I know the new gaming store allows players to come in and battle each other instore.

I am going in there today to order some battle foam trays and carry bags.

Ah! It was you!

I enjoyed the game today in Hall of Heroes. A bit of bad luck your way admitedly, although you did definately start bringing it back towards the end there. I was biting my nails with that mess of marines, terminators and defilers. I was surprised how quickly that Mechanzied flank fell apart.

Still... I had fun. Hope to do it again.

Daemonette666
12-18-2010, 03:15 AM
Ah! It was you!

I enjoyed the game today in Hall of Heroes. A bit of bad luck your way admitedly, although you did definately start bringing it back towards the end there. I was biting my nails with that mess of marines, terminators and defilers. I was surprised how quickly that Mechanzied flank fell apart.

Still... I had fun. Hope to do it again.
Cool Thanks for the game. I really have to work out a decent army list to combat Mechanised Guard with those special characters and command options that allow you disrupt my reserves, and let you outflank my forces. Those Medusas wiping out my landraider first turn and then the concentrated fire that destroyed my Daemon prince in the second turn. I was surprised that my Obliterators lasted to turn 4 with all those plasma cannon templates, the Vlakyrie with iits payload of veteran and the 2 Medusa guns battering at them.

I think I will have to go with a more mechanised force next time. maybe even take bikers and a couple Summoned greater Daemons, Terminators and more Obliterators, perhaps a second Daemon prince. Who knows, I might even draw with you. LOL

Le_Dragon
07-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey.

Noob Dwarf WHFB Player here that would love the opportunity to actually get in and play some games. Shoot me a message if youd be willing to put some times aside ^_^

sway
04-14-2012, 10:01 PM
This feels like threadomancy, Im from wollongong (Just south of sydney), Stating to get up to campbelltown abit more now, are you guys still active?

Daemonette666
08-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Sorry for the late reply, as I have been extremely busy with work, and this is a section I do not check much, and had not activated the instant email notification option.

I am still active, and my local gaming store - The Hall of Heroes which has been open for nearly a year and a half now. There are a huge amount of avid gamers at the store, which is open from 12 noon Tues - Friday, and from 11 am Sat & Sun. We have heaps of gaming tables, board and card/LCG gaming tables, and there are regular events being held for the different games.

The area 37 club n Camden is also still going, although I have not been for a long time, and I think they changed the venue location, and there is a fee (cost) to play there. I would call Matt from The Hall of Heroes listed in the Independent stockist section or Adam from Area 37 listed in the Club Directory of the White Dwarf magazine.