PDA

View Full Version : 750 pure sisters, first tourney CC needed

rbryce
07-28-2010, 12:53 PM
OK, so this will be my first tourney(WOO HOO!), as you guys know i tend to avoid them, but the local store is having a 750 point one and i thought "why not?". So, with this being the first time i attempt at competativeness, im actually finding it a bit of a humdinger. the 750 limit is also quite prohibitive, rendering my usual loadout useless. so heres draft 1...

Canoness: Cloak of Saint Aspira, Jump Pack, Eviscerator, Brazier of Holy Fire,
Book of St. Lucius 125pts

Sisters of Battle Squad 1
9 Sisters: Flamer, Hvy. Flamer
Veteran superior: Combi Melta, Book of St. Lucius
Rhino transport: Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour 170pts

Sisters of Battle Squad 2
9 sisters: Hvy. Flamer, Meltagun
Veteran superior: Combi flamer, Book of St. Lucius
Rhino: Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour 169pts

Seraphim Squad
4 Seraphim: 2xHand Flamers
Veteran Superior: Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon 136pts

Exorcist 135pts

This brings me to 735 points*, leaving a few to play around with, Have at it guys, really need a hand here, as im out of practice!

rbryce

*points are subject to human error, as always, the weakest link in the best computer is the dude tapping the keys ;)

EDIT: more info on the tourney system, it seems that its Kill points based, with the winner being the guy who has the most kill points overall, after all games are done. in light of this would it be worth a storm bolter on the exorcist, to make it a bit more survivable?

Aegis
07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Firs thing I would suggest would be to ditch the smoke and armour on the Exorcist. If you pop smoke, you are not firing, and it should always be firing. For the armour, frankly it has little need to be moving around.

Also, I would suggest a heavy flamer/flamer duo for your BSS's, or even a heavy flamer/melta duo. Gives you some redundancy, and makes it less detrimental if you lose one squad to bad rolls.

For the canoness, I personally do not care for the blessed weapon. The extra strength is nice, but it is still two handed, but without the tank busting capabilities. Personally, I would swap it for the eviscerator. You may be striking last, but with the mantle and the 2+(+ with faith), striking last should not be too much an issue. If also instant kills T3, and can viably threaten T4 and up.

Also, why no book? For how cheap they are, every squad should have one, and you easily have the points to give one to each squad.

Lastly, you may want to consider swapping your exorcist for a Celestian squad in an Immolator, but that would require some retooling your list a bit more.

That is all I can think of for the moment, but may be back if I come up with anything else.

rbryce
07-29-2010, 12:40 AM
i keep forgetting hvy flamers lol. so ill swap 1 flamer from each squad for a hvy flamer. as to redundency, i built that in with the vet.sup. i like squads that have a purpose, so i use the combi-weapons for redundency. As for eviscerators, i honestly prefere the Blessed weapon. i have considered the Eviscerator, so i can easily change that. Books were in fact forgotten oin all the excitement, as i said, i left just under 30 pts to play with, so they will be going on squads now.

im honestly iffy about ditching ol'glory(my exorcist). i need the abilty to strike armour on turn 1 really, as i have few meltas to play with(fluffy player=lotsa fire), and the extra AV versus the immo should help, as immolators are still just a rhino at the front, and if i stick Twin meltas on it, it wont survive long, and without said meltas, im pooped against any armour really. I have however been toying with the idea of swapping the seraphim with a celestian squad though, so ill go off and do some number crunching. time to edit the list then!