PDA

View Full Version : I need swift, bloody vengeance

fengshui
08-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post here on the BoLS forums and I wish it was under better circumstances. Three days ago someone broke into my house and stole my entire collection of 40k models, comic books, action figures, and other collectibles. 20+ years of collecting, gone. If any of you live in the Puget Sound area in Washington state, specifically the Seattle area, keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell my stuff. As far as hobby goes, I had about 2500 pts of Space Marines, painted silver with gold helmets and trim. About 3000 pts of Dark Eldar with varying paint jobs. Every squad had a different color scheme. One squad was predominantly red, one blue, one black and gold, one green camo, one tarnished brass, grotesques painted with pallid blue skin. I had about 1000 pts of Orks. Mostly unpainted except for one Killa Kan. Painted rusty metal colors with a glossy, bloody claw. (My favorite paint job I had ever done) And various other painted and unpainted odds and ends. Like a Chaos Sorcerer Terminator lord (unpainted), two Spawn (one a mottled purple and one brown and red). I had a few Sisters. Mostly to ally with the Space Marines. They did not take the few sprues that I had not built yet or my paints and modeling box. So now all I have left are that and my books, which were elsewhere at the time. I also had about 4000 bagged and boxed comics, hundreds of action figures, statues, a life size Boba Fett helmet, a life size Speeder Bike Trooper helmet, Transformer toys dating back to the 80's, Star Wars toys dating back to the 80's, and lots of other stuff. I have some pictures of some of my Marines and Dark Eldar and I will post them here later so you can see what they looked like. Thank you all for reading this and will appreciate any help or info any of you can provide. You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you.
-Jason

p.s. If the f**cker who took my stuff is reading this, let me just say. If I find you, I will tear off your scrotum and make you wear it like a f**king clown nose. :mad:

twomas_rox
08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Has to be someone you know. Not many thieves look for stuff like this to steal randomly.

Erazoender
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Ouch, that really sucks. I must concur with the above post; not many people target Warhammer, as they do not know its true value. They go after T.V.'s. Computers, Laptops, Jewelry, etc. Things that are very generic (Hard to track down) and are valuable.

I wish you good luck in finding your stuff.

Aims
08-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Oh good gracious. I'm so sorry to hear about this. Our LGS has had some breakins of cars within the past few months... a couple of people have gotten it more than once. I hope you find your stuff.

Welcome to the Lounge just the same.

Majorcrash
08-15-2009, 08:04 AM
may i recommend piano wire around said scrotum, but here in Texas we just shoot him and his next of kin.

Spartan
08-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Happy hunting! Get medieval on his ***! Recommend you check out e-bay and internet sale-sites (don`t know which local ones you got over there in the Americas).

I know of a guy that lost his whole train modelling-collection of 44 boxes, worth approximately $150 000 due to a break-in. He suddenly found them being sold on a site called QXL (in Norway). The police took care of it and he got back about 90% of said collection.

Have faith my brother! The Emperor Protects!

Erazoender
08-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Did you hear what Gaahl from Gorgorth did to his victim?

The victims face looked something like this: :eek:

vman
08-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Geee that really sucks i hope you retrieve your collection

I think maybe its someone you know, or just a really unusuall thief

Sorry to hear it

Brent667
08-16-2009, 11:31 AM
That is a horrible story. I agree with one of the previous posters - it almost had to be someone you know.

That stuff has a market value - if you haven't gotten the police involved, force the issue, make them realize it's a felony theft.

Good luck to you.

Brent

Bigred
08-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi fengshui,

I'm going to move this thread to the Local Gaming Lounge's Seattle-Tacoma sub-forum, as this is almost certainly a local issue.

Drunkencorgimaster
08-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Sorry Man,

I gotta agree with the others, this sounds targeted. If the police shown any interest, I'd point them iin the direction of your local club/store. If they do not show any interest, I'd let your local mayor/alderman/city councilman know of their attitude. In any event I rather doubt the average crack-head theif is going to steal Space Marines and a Star Wars helmut.

Good Luck,

Spectral Dragon
09-04-2009, 03:49 PM
All things considered I will probably be of little help, but will keep an eye out.