PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Space Wolves Tourney List

blackarmchair
07-30-2010, 03:53 AM
So, this is my 1850 Space Wolves list I am hoping to bring to a local tournament this Saturday.
Comments and critiques are desired please and thank you

+ Logan Grimnar [275]

+ Wolf Priest [100]

+ Wolf Guard Pack [346]
- 2x Wolf Guard Terminator with Wolf Claw & Storm Shield
- 1x Wolf Guard Terminator with Frost Axe & Storm Shield
- 1x Wolf Guard Terminator with Frost Axe & Storm Bolter
- 2x Wolf Guard in Power Armour with Powerfist & Bolt Pistol
- 1x Wolf Guard Terminator with Wolf Claw, Storm Bolter & Cyclone Missile Launcher

+ Grey Hunters Pack [210]
- 8x Grey Hunters; 1x Meltagun, 1x Wolf Standard, 1x Mark of the Wulfen, 1x Powerfist
- Rhino

+ Grey Hunters Pack [210]
- 8x Grey Hunters; 1x Meltagun, 1x Wolf Standard, 1x Mark of the Wulfen, 1x Powerfist
- Rhino

+ Blood Claws Pack [195]
- 9x Blood Claws; 1x Powerfist, 1x Flamer
- Rhino

+ Long Fangs [140]
- 1x Squad Leader
- 5x Long Fangs with Rocket Launchers

+ Vindicator [120]
- Dozer Blade

+ Land Raider Redeemer [250]
- Pintle-Mounted Multi-Melta

Total: 1846

The basic plan is to achieve close-combat supremacy coupled with few heavy fire-support elements.

I plan to break off the two power armoured wolf guard and place them with the GH, the Termie with the CML joins the Long Fangs and Logan rides in the LRC with the remaining terminators.

Those termies and the Blood Claws with attached Wolf priest form the hammer while the GH assist where needed.

The vindicator keeps in cover, probably near the long fangs, in range of an objective or an area I'd like to deny to the enemy.

Any comments or critiques are welcome! Thanks!

BlindGunn
07-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Nice to see a Logan List that isn't all Wolf Guard! Bravo! :D

The only concern I would have with this list is lack of long-distance (over 24") Anti-Armour. With the amount of tanks being used these days, it could be an issue. Long Fangs with Missiles are nice and cheap, but they have issues with 14 Armour (or in my case, anything over 12!)

(Smoke is a valid tactic though if you plan max moves and pop smoke 1st turn. I don't count on Smoke anymore - let's me down too often.)

I would maybe recommend replacing the Redeemer for just a Plain-Jane Lascannon Raider to get the two extra long-range shots (or 1 if you're moving full speed).

But it IS a preference issue. If you're happy with the Redeemer - go for it!

blackarmchair
07-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I actaully would...I just don't have the model...

I considered a Pred Anhilator...I have one of those...