PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Necron for Grand Tournement

necroned
07-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi guys,
I was thinking about of making a whole army of Necron warriors, so the it will be hard for my enemy to kill them.... it would help me if you would give me some tips. :D

* Necron Lord > Destroyer Body, Phylactery and Warsscythe
155 Pts
* 4 Sqouds of 15 (14) Warriors
1062 Pts
* 3 Wraiths
123 Pts
* 3 Destroyers
150*

Total : 1490 Pts

or
:cool:

* Necron Lord > Destroyer Body, Phylactery and Warsscythe
155 Pts
* 5 sqouds of 14
1260 Pts
* 1 Heavy Destroyer
65 Pts

Total 1480

Nungunz
07-31-2010, 09:07 AM
For a tournament? At 1500? Yeah......60 warriors is going to fail miserably, especially without a Res Orb or a monolith.

What's the Destroyer Lord doing. He isn't kitted out to support anything, looks like you have him geared as a lone assaulter. He doesn't have any ranged weaponry or a res orb to support the destroyers. That will make it very easy for an opponent to concentrate on him and kill him. Phylactery will help a bit, but it's not a good idea to bank on it.

You need more fire power, warriors just don't have any. Destroyers, Heavy Destroyers and the like are a good bet. Immortals too if you build the list around them. Keep those warrior squads to a minimum of 10 and at 1500 at most you'll need 3 squads to sit on objectives. Keep a Res Orb near them is good.

At least two groups of destroyers so they can back each other up with WBB (2 x4 at minimum IMO).

I'm sorry, but in a tournament, I really don't feel that either of those two lists will get you very far.

necroned
07-31-2010, 09:19 AM
thx

blackarmchair
07-31-2010, 07:18 PM
I would get 1 kill point. Hop into rhinos and landraiders and drive away.

Nungunz
07-31-2010, 09:13 PM
I would get 1 kill point. Hop into rhinos and landraiders and drive away.

Exactly. The warriors just don't have the range and with no res orb, they won't get WBB if something does decided to come up and hit them with power weapons. The big squads would have good chance of losing combat, fleeing, and getting wiped out in sweeping advance.

Only real threat or the destroyers and wraiths. And those will hit in waves. The wraiths die as the get close and the lascannons, bright lances, railguns ext will just kill all the destroyers.

2 Easy kill points. From there on out it's not very hard to stay away from the warriors or game up on the lord. In objective games it wouldn't be hard to grab the ones the necron warriors can't reach fast enough.

At 1500 for a tournament I'd go something like:

HQ

Necron Lord - Resurrection Orb, Phase Shifter - 170

Troops

x10 Warriors - 180
x10 Warriors - 180
x10 Warriors - 180

Fast Attack

x4 Destroyers - 200
x4 Destroyers - 200
x3 Destroyers - 150

Heavy Support

Monolith - xxx

Total: 1495

That'd be my take one a list. Not that you have to follow anything like it.