PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points chaos space marine army

Feighan-Raask
08-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Using this list (or something like it) in tourny my local club is holding in a few weeks. I'm mostly going to be against space marine variants.

Deamon Prince -160
Mark of Nurgle, wings and doombolt

5 Chaos Terminators - 225
3 x powerfists, chainfist, combi-melta, reaper Auto cannon

10 Chaos Space Marines - 175
Plasma gun, heavy bolter

10 Chaos Space Marines - 175
Plasma gun, heavy bolter

Vindicator - 125
Vindicator - 125

Any way I could improve it would be great help

rodt777
08-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Imo, this list isnt too great frankly. DPs should have warptime instead of doombolt as it will almost always outperform doombolt. Terminators are garbage when foot slogging. I would use the as termicide units. That saves you 120 pts. And with that you should get 2 rhinos. And you should probably get a champ with a fist on both squads, and a meltagun on both. The vindicators look great to me most ppl with have trouble dealing with 2 vindis. I like it. Tell me what you think!

the jeske
08-01-2010, 01:51 PM
isnt the 1k chaos nrugle army
2x5 pms with plasma in rhinos 2xDPs with wings and 6 oblits?

as the army listed goes. termi are bad build . over geared for assault something the chaos termis suck at. even a termicid doesnt have place in a 1k points army as oblits for almost the same number of points will out perform them.

as vindicators go. something like a vindicator without demonic possesion does not exist. otherwise the chance of them dieing fast or getting stuned/shaken is rather big , with low armor they have they are death traps. specialy as you do not have rhinos to cover them.

Feighan-Raask
08-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I wanted to try something different really from what everything thinks is "perfect" list. Though i do understand where you are coming from with terminators. I'll swap those out for a 3 man unit of obliterators (works out quite handy as they are both 225 points)

As for psychic power I'm afraid I ran out of points.

RocketRollRebel
08-01-2010, 10:09 PM
I wanted to try something different really from what everything thinks is "perfect" list. Though i do understand where you are coming from with terminators. I'll swap those out for a 3 man unit of obliterators (works out quite handy as they are both 225 points)

As for psychic power I'm afraid I ran out of points.

at 1k pts this doesn't look bad at all. Just DS the termies instead of foot slogging them. I say give it a run through a few games and see how it feels. Its kinda unique and I like it.