PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Nurgle CSM for Doubles tourney.

cheesyfluff
08-02-2010, 04:49 AM
Hi, First off, this list is one of many for different armies we have looked at but c&c are welcome.
The doubles tourney its for is 2x 750 points with 1 hq and 1 troops as the standard for each.

1st half

Daemon prince with wings

Greater Daemon

5x Chosen, 2 Melta 2 Flamer in aRrhino

5x Plague marines, Champion 2x Melta in a Rhino

5x Plague marines, 2xmelta in a Rhino

2nd Half

Daemon prince with wings

Greater Daemon

5x Plague marines, Champion 2x Melta in a Rhino

5x Plague marines, Champion 2xmelta in a Rhino

2x Oblitorators

Any opinions, tactical advice would be appriciated as i usually play Vanilla Marines.

Connjurus
08-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Looks pretty good, got plenty of meltas for such a small game, and a good amount of troops. The inclusion of Chosen for tactical flexibility is a wonderful idea, and one that is hardly ever used. The only problem I see here, that the CSM codex will always have, is how do you plan on dealing with a horde army, like a Chenkov blob, bug horde, or lotz o' boyz? I see the inclusion of two flamers, but you're only going to get off two shots with those before you're locked in CC.

As far as advice goes, try and find the points to upgrade the last Chosen in your squad into a Champion. You won't get any wargear options, but that's not what he's for - he's there to outflank into the enemy's flank/rear, and then turn into a Greater Daemon.

Also, break the Obliterators into two different squads. This battle is too small to bring more than one group, clearly, and you're going to need all the flexibility you can get.

As I don't like to use Plague Marines that much, all that I can tell you about them is that once they're on an objective, you'll be good...most of the time. Look out for Demo charges. :/

Other than that, pretty solid! Best of luck.

cheesyfluff
08-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. The tournament isn't until next January (GW Doubles at Warhammer World) but as you may have figured i am hardly a massive competetive player. Me and 3 mates played in it for the first time this year and it was so good we have spent the first 6 months complainging about cheesey lists we came up against, unsporting behavour ect and are now spending the next 6 on figuring out our own lists.

I am probably going to take my Blood Ravens (Sternguard heavy list) to the Throne of Skulls in November as i want to get into more tourneys.

As for the hordes question, short of read ALOT of articles on here i figure some sort of divide and conquer tactic! If its Orks try and stick the whole army on one flank so that half the orks have to waste turns getting to us and we can try and eal with the half in front of us in the meantime. And the same with guard, try and keep out of range of half of the army (not that easy on a 6x4 board) or tie them up in combats they cant win with the daemon princes and take out the artillary as soon as possible.

These tactics are either going to see me called Calgar all weekend or Von Strab! Eitherway thats the beauty of a doubles tourney, i can blame my partner!