PDA

View Full Version : Thank you everyone

Kuhlbert
08-02-2010, 10:37 AM
To the organizers, judges, people behind the scenes, the hotel, and all the attendees (especially our opponents)...

My son Matthew and I had a great time. This was our first major con, and it was a blast. We may not have done so well :) - but we had fun, which was the whole point.

Not having been to a big con before - I can only compare it to little local ones - I'd say that everything seemed to be good, and we have no complaints other than the heat outside :) But to be honest, Tennessee isn't much cooler these days.

And on a personal note - a big thank you to the opponents of my son. You all treated him with respect and fairness - something that doesn't always happen at these events (I've had players mistreat him at local events). To have an event and opponents that younger players can attend is great - and allows him and I to have some quality father/son time (as in the team tournament).

So thanks everyone! Hope everyone else had a great time, and maybe we'll see you at other events - we certainly enjoyed this one!

Andy Akins (and Matthew)

evilamericorp
08-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Young players are the future of the hobby, and we here in Austin always try to welcome newcomers. I agree that the con was great, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Lane
08-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Were you and your son in the narrative Battle for Mcragge on Sunday?

Kuhlbert
08-03-2010, 05:40 AM
No, he wanted to try his hand in the general tournament...

JohnCS
08-03-2010, 09:38 AM
I was the one who's son was in the narrative track. I also have to extend thanks to everyone involved. The scenery was amazing, the models outstanding, and the people even better.

Everyone was very accomodating to allowing my son to participate and we greatly appreciate it. Dad was the only one who knocked over a model to my knowledge. (if there was something I missed PM me & will resolve)

Faultie
08-03-2010, 09:41 AM
John and Jackson were great fun, and as someone mentioned, the kids are the future of the hobby. I was quite pleased at how well everyone conducted themselves, and hope you guys had as much fun as the rest of us.

GAR
08-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I played your son in Round 3 of the GT.

He was a great player and a great kid. If you remember I commented to you later that day and to the organizers as well.

It was a real treat given in my expereince most of the younger players, not all but most, tend to a bit over the top.

Great boy ya got there.

GAR, played the Silver Skull Space marines.

Lane
08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I was the one who's son was in the narrative track.

Your son was great, Ive seen kids twice his age that act less mature at the table.

Beamo
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I'll agree with that.

Playing with you guys on the last game was a lot of fun. I had a blast. :)