PDA

View Full Version : SW 2000 pts

thealmightypez
08-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I thought I'd try something new i usually go for 2 cheap rune priests, but i thought i would try a list with a big hammer unit. thoughts? suggestions?
Hq:
Wolf Lord
-Terminator Armor
-Chainfist (planning on doing a chain hammer conversion)
-Storm Shield
-Saga of the Bear
-Wolftail Talisman
220 Pts

Rune Priest
-Murderous Hurricane
-Living Lightning
320 Pts

Elites:
5 Wolf Guard Terminators
2x Power Weapon/Combi-Plasma
2x Wolf Claw/Storm Shield
1x Thunder Hammer/ Storm Shield
565 Pts

Troops:
8 Grey Hunters
-Plasma Gun
-Powerfist
-Wolfguard with Powerfist
-Rhino APC with Extra Armor
808 Pts

8 Grey Hunters
-Plasma Gun
-Powerfist
1051 Pts

8 Grey Hunters
-Plasma Gun
-Powerfist
1284 Pts

5 Grey Hunters
-Plasma Gun
-Powerfist
-Drop Pod
1467 Pts

Fast Attack:
2 Land Speeder Tornado
-4x Multimelta
1627 Pts

Heavy Support:
Land Raider Redeemer
-Multimelta
1877 Pts

5 Long Fangs
-4x Missile Launcher
1992 Pts

BlindGunn
08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
5 GH in a Drop Pod won't last very long. I would recommend boosting the numbers a bit or forget the Drop pod and just bring in another Rhino for them. Otherwise, it'll just be a quick Kill Point or two for your opponent.

(If I'm using Drop Pods, I try to take 3 minimum - that way 2 squads can drop together first turn and split the incoming fire. I find a single squad isn't such a good idea, especially if I'm forced to put everything into reserves...)

thealmightypez
08-04-2010, 06:21 AM
i dont plan on using them offensively, the idea is that they just drop onto my home objective or support the long fangs or even drop late onto my opponents backfield to contest something. i do need to buff out the squad with another gh or 2 though. thanks for the tip

BlindGunn
08-04-2010, 09:09 AM
i dont plan on using them offensively, the idea is that they just drop onto my home objective or support the long fangs or even drop late onto my opponents backfield to contest something. i do need to buff out the squad with another gh or 2 though. thanks for the tip
Can't hold back a single Drop Pod - rules say Half of the pods, rounding up, have to deploy 1st turn. So you don't need to roll for a single pod to determine when it comes in - it just comes in first turn.

If you're planning on protecting the Long Fangs with a squad of Grey Hunters, drop the pod or Rhino, and use the points to re-inforce the Grey Hunters. Maybe go for a Full 10 man squad and get 2 Plasma Rifles - let the Long Fangs deal with Tanks and such?

Also - you planning on deploying the Speeders as a Single Squadron? I would recommend splitting them up into 2 single Speeder squadrons. Get to kill 2 tanks a turn that way. I hope! :D

thealmightypez
08-04-2010, 01:55 PM
i keep the speeders together and generally turbo boost them on from reserve. i like the idea of having 4 multimelta shots for insurance against horrible roles.