PDA

View Full Version : Fast Attack Space Wolf. Will it work well?

incenerate101
08-06-2010, 03:30 AM
Ill post the list and my tactics for using it. Let me know what you think!

-2500 points-

Cannis Wolfborn
2 Fenrisian Wolves

Squad 1
Wolf Lord
Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield
Runic Armour
Thunderwolf Mount
Wolf Tail Tailsman
Belt of Russ
Saga of Warrior Born

Thunderwolf Calvery x2
Boltgun
Plasma Pistol
both with melta bombs
one with a pair of wolf claws

Squad 2
Thunderwolf Calvery x3
Boltgun
Plasma Pistol
Melta Bombs on all
Power Fist

Squad 3 and 4 are identical ( 4 bikers 1 attack bike )
Swift Claw Bikers
Power Weapon
Melta Bombs on the bikers
Multimelta on the attack bike

Squad 5,6,and 7 ( 1 land speeder, 1 tornado, 1 typhoon )
Regular speeder with Multi Melta
Tornado with Assault Cannon
Typhoon with Typhoon Launcher

Squad 8 and 9 (Two packs of Skyclaws identical)
Meltagun
Powerfist
one with Mark of the Wulfen
with Rune Priest
Master of Runes
Runics Armour
Jump Pack
Melta Bombs
Wolf Tooth NEcklace
Chooser of the Slain

Bjorn the Fel Handed with Twin-Linked Lascannons in a drop pod
Venerable Drednaught with a Drop Pod

3 Three Long Fangs with Heavy Bolters

Now for the tactics!

As normal ill put all the infantry and calvery on the table on intial Deployment and get as close as possible with everything first turn shooting the meltas at everything heavy armoured trying to take it out first turn.
Ill deep strike the Land Speeders accordingly and mop up remaining heavy armour after ive gotten into close combat with my troops. Ill drop pop the dreds in for the extra armour i need to stave off heavy weapon fire on my squads. Hopefully by the time the dreds have come in there arent alot of armour left on thier side so i can engage them with wiping up infantry.

Like i said above something i wrote recently and want some advice / comments on so please talk it up.

wolflold
08-06-2010, 03:57 AM
The idea is ok but you'll never be able to play with unless you play with your own game group!

BlindGunn
08-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Need 2 squads of Grey Hunters (or 1 each Grey Hunter & Blood Claws) to make the list legal. Otherwise - yup - only your gaming group will let you use it.

incenerate101
08-06-2010, 11:27 PM
AH i see. Force Org charts and blah blah blah.
What would you recommend?

i was thinking drop the speeders and go with 2 squads of grey hunters with rhinos?
or what should i replace to make the list legal?

blackarmchair
08-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Bjorn can't take a drop pod...

incenerate101
08-07-2010, 03:09 AM
really? In the codex it says hes a venerable Drednaught and they can take Drop pods. If he can't then ill just put a second venerable drednaught in his place and take the left over points for the squads of troops i have to inevitablly add.

Still waiting on the advice on what to take out to make room for the troops i need.

the jeske
08-07-2010, 03:09 AM
what do you do if an objective is on the second floor of a building and with a 2.5k points build like this you wont table anyone ?

incenerate101
08-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Im debating if i should take out the speeders and replace them with regular troops in rhinos. That way i can contest / hold objectives and wipe the board with my speed. Its a WIP list so ill probably drop 2 speeders for some grey hunters / blood claws.

Tynskel
08-07-2010, 02:32 PM
what do you do if an objective is on the second floor of a building and with a 2.5k points build like this you wont table anyone ?

Not that it matters for Thunder Cav (not being troops that is), but Beasts count as infantry-- they can go into buildings. Only bikes cannot 'go up-stairs'.

incenerate101
08-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Ah so if the wolves count as troops could Canis and his 2 wolves hold an objective considering he has the wolves?

Tynskel
08-07-2010, 06:56 PM
his wolves are wargear, not a unit of wolves.

in short: no.

Sir Biscuit
08-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Also, an objective would have to be on the third floor for thing that can't climb to be unable to contest them, as all levels are considered to be exactly 3" apart. You can stand directly under the objective and claim/contest.

incenerate101
08-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Oh i see. Well im currently revising the list to be legal and viable for all game types. Expect it to be posted later tonight keep comments and advice coming please.

Tynskel
08-08-2010, 09:19 AM
I double checked the Fenrisian wolves...

Canis allows you to take them as Troops, however, under the Fenrisian Wolves (p.91), they can never claim objectives.

So, you can take them as troops to fill the troops requirements, however, if that's the only troops you take, you cannot claim objectives.