PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Idea With High Elves

DarkAngelHopeful
08-07-2010, 03:54 AM
Dear BoLS Readers,

I was thinking about the High Elves last night and I came to an interesting conclusion. Page 5 of the BRB says, "A unit consists of 1 or more models...." Meanwhile, the High Elves FAQ 1.1 says "Elite Army, The High Elves...have no limit to the Duplicate Choices of their Special and Rare troops."

Can you have unit upgrades without a unit to go with them (I don't have the High Elf army book with me out here)? And, since there are no limits to duplicate choices and if you can take a unit upgrade without a unit could one technically take 1 Swordmasters Champion and call it a unit?

Furthermore, could you take multiple duplicate choices of said one man Swordmaster Champion unit?

And, what are the possible pros and cons of doing such a thing?

Moreover, could you do the same thing for the High Elves Archer Champion and have a bunch of BS5 (I think that's the upgrade they get) archers running around?

What say ye?

Respectfully,
DarkAngelHopeful

EDIT: Someone on Dakka Dakka said that you can't do this because you need a minimum number of troops before you can upgrade to unit champion. So, I guess this is a no go. Oh well, it was an interesting idea. =)

BlackKnight15624
08-07-2010, 06:30 AM
I would say no- because the minimum unit size for a Sword Masters unit is 5, with the option to upgrade one model to a Bladelord. To take unit upgrades, you have to have a unit to upgrade in the first place!

DarkAngelHopeful
08-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I would say no- because the minimum unit size for a Sword Masters unit is 5, with the option to upgrade one model to a Bladelord. To take unit upgrades, you have to have a unit to upgrade in the first place!

Right, and that makes sense. I just didn't have the book to look at. Thanks for the info! =D