PDA

View Full Version : epic unplayed with

ChrisW
08-15-2009, 12:27 AM
hi guys 'n gals

i have owned a sizable epic collection almost since its first inception as space marine. i have given away a good portion to friends in hopes that they would start collecting and i may get in a game, all for not....:(

i am now considering turning to e-bay as my hobby room is shrinking and it is hard to keep holding on to stuff that i quite literally have not played in almost 15 years.

would it be best to sell the entire collection as is, or is there a good barter system in place somewhere on the inter webby?

i know the mods do not wish to have a selling/trading thing on this board as it always leads to complications. i am looking for advice whether to sell the collection as one lot or to break it down.

the collection can be broken down into three forces: Chaos, Eldar, and Space marines. each force has titans and vehicles that go with according to the cards that i have for them. i also have all the buildings from the space marine, titan legions, and epic 40 000 box sets & i also have the Chaos and Eldar box set for the Space marine era of the game system. (personally one box to ship out would be better for me but if they'd sell/trade better separate so be it)

anyhoo wanted to get an opinion or three..

thanks,
-chris

CrusherJoe
08-16-2009, 07:44 AM
You'll probably have issues selling the entire collection all at once, even on Ebay.

I recently saw a guy sell three MASSIVE armies -- SMs, IG and Eldar plus a smaller Chaos army on Ebay...(and damn it if the price didn't just spiral up too high for the SM army, grumble grumble). I guess what I'm trying to say is by breaking it into separate armies you'll attract more "specific" bidders/buyers, and they'll be more willing to cough up more cash for what they -specifically- want.

Trust me, the armies that I was talking about sold for hundreds of dollars each (well, except for the CSM one, it was significantly smaller, though).

ChrisW
08-16-2009, 01:02 PM
thanks Joe. i'll post here when the auctions are up!

-Chris

clkeagle
08-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Agreed that you'll have more success breaking your collection up and selling in lots. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised at how much money you get for some items, such as the Epic 40,000 plastic ruins - I've seen those fetch PREMIUM prices.

Chris
08-17-2009, 05:36 AM
Break it down into the formation sizes in the current army lists (free download from the GW website), thats the most 'handy' way of doing it.
Chaos is the rarest as both Eldar and marine armies are still for sale, so you might even consider doing each vehicle separately.
For trades bartertown or tactical command depending on what you want in return.

ChrisW
08-18-2009, 09:55 AM
formations.... wow that would be lots of shipping, to be honest i am lazy.

will break it inot 4 lots:
chaos - baggie of troopers, rhinos, and couple landraiders. and banelord (i think thats what it is called) titan
Eldar - mostly painted Samm-hann force. phantom & warlock titan. may throw in the mini case.
space marines - baggie of troopers rhinos and landraiders. two warlord and one emperor titan. handful of knights. a sprue or two of imp guard as well.
terrain - buildings and ruins from all the box sets.

pics and aution links to follow

-Chris.

Chris
08-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I strongly recomend either putting the Imperial titans seperately or at least just the emperor. Lots of people want them for their titan legions.