PDA

View Full Version : 2k Nids, Competitive

Hulksmash
08-08-2010, 12:22 AM
So I was thinking of doing something I haven't seen yet. It also helps that I would only need to pick up 20 Gargs, though painting them will annoy me

Hive Tyrant-270
BS/LW, TL-Dev, Wings, Old Adversary, Paroxysm, Leech

Hive Tyrant-270
BS/LW, TL-Dev, Wings, Old Adversary, Paroxysm, Leech

2 Hive Guard-100

2 Hive Guard-100

1 Hive Guard-50

10 Termagaunts-50

10 Termagaunts-50

Tervigon-195
FnP, Adrenal, Toxin

Tervigon-195
FnP, Adrenal, Toxin

20 Gargoyles-160
Adrenal, Toxin

20 Gargoyles-160
Adrenal, Toxin

Trygon-200

Trygon-200

2k on the nose. The HT fly surrounded by Gargoyles and lay some serious hurt. Lots of target priority choices to be made. what do people think?

the jeske
08-08-2010, 12:34 AM
am not sure I would play the gargs at 20 man . rather hard to move around and not a lot more resilient. 16 man should probably work too.

psychic hood/rune staff nerfed or not , one brood of spore zoas should probably be in every nid list. question is what to switch them for . I would play with a 2x2 hive and 1x3 spore zoas brood , but that is me.

why leech and paroxysm on the tyrants and why not go all out hth with their gear . single devourers arent realy helping this list.

Hulksmash
08-08-2010, 12:44 AM
You need 20 to make sure their are enough left to do damage when they hit. The Devs help open light transports and the -1 leadership test if they kill someone helps quite a bit to. Leech is there for when I take wounds and since the Tyrants are running with the Gargs Paroxysm is used to massively increase their combat power.

Zoe's are good. I just don't think they have a place in this list. That's like paying for a landraider to kill a landraider. I'll kill everything around it and come back to it if I have to :)

Tynskel
08-08-2010, 07:43 AM
the psychic powers are a shooting attack-- with 1 set of devourers + psychic power = 2 guns. I use a walking version of this with a hive swarm too--- very effective at killing anything!

I like the gargoyle screens, especially with old adversary-- those gargoyles in CC will be nasty with the backup from the tyrants.

The zoans are a good thing to have:
I would knock one Trygon down to a Mawloc (because they are awesome, also cheap). Frees up 30 points. Drop one Hive guard from one squad, take the other hive guard that is by itself, and replace with two zoans. Gives you 10 points left over--- easy to buy the furious charge upgrade for the single Trygon.

Nikephoros
08-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Not enough anti-tank. Drop the trygons and get 2-3 Tyrannofexes.

Tynskel
08-08-2010, 09:05 AM
I am not sure how you do your maths--- but dropping 2 Trygons does not = 2-3 Tyrannofexes

200 + 200 = 265 +265 +(265).... I think not. Gotta tell him what to cut.

Nikephoros
08-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I would also consider dropping the 2nd Tyrant, but that leaves you with some extra points too. Though extra points is not a bad problem to have.

Porty1119
08-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Paroxysm is actually decent, and REALLY annoying...

Ghoulio
08-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I think your list is fine the way it is. The only thing I might change is trying to get that unit of Zoanthropes in there so you have something to deal with Land Raiders.

I would very strongly advise against getting any Tyrannofex's. They are insanely overpriced for what you get. You can get 2 hive guard and 3 zoanthropes for the price of one tyrannofex. The only thing the fex has on them is range. The zoans have a substantially better gun (BS 4, str 10, ap 1 lance is FAR greater then a BS 3, str 10, ap 4 weapon). My unit of Zoans in a pod do something literally every game. Weither it be blowing tanks to pieces or melting marines into goo with their blast weapons. The Trygons are also one of the better deals in the codex so I would definitely keep them.

I would also leave your Tyrants set up the way they are. It's good to see that you took the only two powers worth anything (leech and paroxsym...which is by far the best power in the book) :) . The only thing I would worry about is their lack of durability, but with 2 trygons and 2 tervigons on the field, your target saturation should be pretty decent.

Nice to see a nid list that is quite different then the normal stuff you see on the interwebs. You should do some test games and let us know how they do.