PDA

View Full Version : 1850 BA List

alakard2020
08-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Blood Angels Army List

HQ
HQ 1: Commander Dante: - Artificer Armour, Infernus Pistol, Axe Mortalis, Jump Packs, Grenades, Iron Halo, Death Mask of Sanguinius
HQ 2: Librarian: - Terminator Armour, Force Weapon, Psychic Hood.
Powers - Unleash Rage, Shield of Sanguinius

ELITES
Elite 1: Sanguinary Priest: - Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Blood Chalace, Grenades
Elite 2: 5 Assault Terminators: - 3 Thunder Hammers/Storm Shields, 2 Lightning Claws
Elite 3: 5 Assault Terminators: - 2 Thunder Hammers/Storm Shields, 3 Lightning Claws

TROOPS
Troops 1: Assault Squad #1 (10 marines): - Jump Packs, 2 Plasma Guns
Troops 2: Assault Squad #2 (5 marines): - Remove Jump Packs, 1 Meltagun
Dedicated Transport: Land Raider Crusader: - Twin Linked Assault Cannon, 2 Hurricane Bolters, Multi Melta, Frag Assault Launchers, Smoke Launchers
Troops 3: Death Company (5 marines): - Bolt Pistols, Chainswords
Troops 4: Death Company Dreadnought: - Blood Talon w/ Meltagun, Blood Talon w/ Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers

HEAVY SUPPORT
Heavy Support 1: Storm Raven Gunship: - Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin Linked Multi Melta, 4 Bloodstrike Missiles, Ceramite Plating, Extra Armour

Army Total: 1850PTS

The plan is to have Dante, 1 Terminator Assault Squad, and the Death Company Dreadnought ride in the Storm Raven Gunship. Then have the Librarian, Sanguinary Priest, and the 2nd Terminator Assault Squad use the Land Raider Crusader, Assault Squad #2 would then be on foot to hold an objective.

Any thoughts or critiques on the list?

Connjurus
08-08-2010, 06:17 PM
The only thing I see that struck me as odd with this list was that Dante is in it, but without using any Sanguinary Guard. I would think that a different character would suit this list better, like Astorath maybe - since he'd let all your CC guys have a 50% chance of having fearless and furious charge.

Tynskel
08-08-2010, 07:07 PM
You are at 1830 points (unless your Libby has a Storm Shield).

One of the big advantages of Dante is that he has DoA, and the ability to land exactly where you want him. Essentially 1 squad gets to Deep Strike usually on turn 2 and land where you need them, with no worries.

In this case, I don't think you want Dante-- he's sweet, and his buffs are good, but I think there are better ways to use your points.
Second it is a pain in the arse to swap transports. If you can, I would keep the assault squad flying, and just buy the crusader for one of the Terminator Squads. Once again, this could be done with a different HQ choice.

Ex.
Drop Dante (225), Drop the Crusader (225), + the left over 20 points. = 470

HQ
165 Reclusiarch
Terminator Armor, Combi-Plasma
ELITES
Upgrade the Sanguinary Priest to Terminator Armor (35)
Grant Second Terminator Squad
270 Land Raider Crusader
Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter
Total 470

Now, with unleashed rage and the Reclusiarch, both terminator squads are getting to re-roll hits. Ouch.

As a personal thing, I don't like splitting the weapons in Terminator Assault Squads. I would keep one squad as all lightning claws, and the other as all thunder hammers. If your really want a mix, then just have the 1 member of each squad be different.

Connjurus
08-08-2010, 08:45 PM
He's more expensive, but I'd say Astorath is a better choice than the Reclusiarch. :/ I think he's a really looked-over option in most lists, when the ability to have the Red Thirst on a 1-3 is a really sweet deal, combined with the S: 6 Power Weapon that makes the enemy reroll successful Invulnerable saves. Plus, he has the same rules as the Reclusiarch

Porty1119
08-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm personally sad that nobody's put up a pure Stormraven air cav list... :(

alakard2020
08-09-2010, 02:11 PM
-I went with Dante over any other HQ choice because of "hit and run" and the death mask of sanguinius softening up an enemy IC of my choice.

-I orignally had Dante with a unit of Sanguinary Guard (3 w/ glaive encarmines, 1 w/ power fist, & 1 w/ chapter banner), I tested the list out about 5 times and the Sanguinary Guard didnt last long becuase they dont have invulnerable saves. So I decided to go with terminators to (a) get invul saves and (b) save 25pts.

-Also, the Librarian is in terminator armour w/ a storm shield, guess I missed that when I was typing up the list.

Sandman2663
08-11-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm personally sad that nobody's put up a pure Stormraven air cav list... :(

Don't be sad...I run a 3 Stormraven with speeder support list...1850/2000.
I like Aircav. I love the Stormraven!

I have been touting the Stormraven since the codex release.

I will post my list I just used in a tourney.