PDA

View Full Version : 1,850 Vostroyans a go go!

RocketRollRebel
08-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I've been trying to find a nice balance between a strong list and one that will not be blasted in the rankings by a low comp score. I find this kinda hard to do with IG at times but I think this one should be fun to play, has mostly just units that I like and will still be strong. The comp criteria for this GT basically says no spamming units and encourages diversity in army builds and is also 22% of your over all score. So here it be! Let me know what you think!

Vostroyan 77th Firstborn Regiment aka "the Mustache Ride!"

HQ
------------
Company Command Squad
Plasma Pistol
Power Fist
Plasma Gun x3
Medic
Chimera w/Multi-laser & Heavy Flamer
-205pts

Troops
-------------
Platoon Command Squad
Power Weapon
Flamer x4
Commissar w/power weapon
Chimera w/Multi-laser & Heavy Flamer
-160pts

Infantry Squad
Las Cannon
-70pts

Infantry Squad
Las Cannon
-70pts

Infantry Squad
Auto Cannon
Melta Gun
Chimera
-125pts

Infantry Squad
Auto Cannon
-60pts

Veteran Squad
Melta x3
Chimera w/multi-laser & heavy flamer
-155pts

Veteran Squad
Melta x3
-100pts (rides in vendetta)

Elites
--------------
Ratlings x5
-50pts

Fast Attack
--------------
Vendetta
-130pts

Hellhound w/hull heavy flamer
-130pts

Scout Sentinel w/Auto Cannon & Hunter Killer Missile x2
-100pts

Heavy Support
------------------
Leman Russ Demolisher w/hull heavy flamer
-165pts

Manticore w/hull heavy bolter
-160pts

Leman Russ Battle Tank w/hull heavy bolter
-150pts

Total 1,850

Look forward to the replys!
Thanks!

RocketRollRebel
08-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah I know it is pretty awesome :p I'm thinking already of swaping the hellhound for a banewolf or maybe even a devil dog and dropping that Grenade Launcher and throwing the points at something else...

lobster-overlord
08-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Nice to see someone running Vostroyans without using them all as Vets for the "too expensive to buy enough to make a platoon" reason.

Love th unit name too.

RocketRollRebel
08-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Nice to see someone running Vostroyans without using them all as Vets for the "too expensive to buy enough to make a platoon" reason.

Love th unit name too.

pssshh I've got 100+ of the buggers. Hold overs from 4th ed... I do run all mech vets most the time and Carapace vet would be fluffy I guess but the heavy comp score would frown upon that :p. I'm really not bashing the event tho. I'm actually stoked for it and the fact that its forcing me to mix up my normal tourny list.

Sooo suggestions?

Tynskel
08-10-2010, 07:20 AM
one thing to remember about tactics for the game. When deploying or rolling for reserves, the Entire platoon enters the board from the same edge. That means that if the vendetta does not enter the board the same turn, the infantry squad must be taken out of the vendetta. It isn't until after they enter the board that they act as individual units (this is the exact opposite of space marine combat squads).

RocketRollRebel
08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
one thing to remember about tactics for the game. When deploying or rolling for reserves, the Entire platoon enters the board from the same edge. That means that if the vendetta does not enter the board the same turn, the infantry squad must be taken out of the vendetta. It isn't until after they enter the board that they act as individual units (this is the exact opposite of space marine combat squads).

Hmmm a valid point. Sorry I'm not too familiar with platoons in this editions :o. So what you are saying is that I cant say deploy the squads with heavy weps on the board, hold a foot squad and platoon hq in reserve and have another inf squad outflank in the vendetta? Either the whole platoon starts on the board or the whole platoon starts off the board? or are you saying that I need the units from the platoon that are being held in reserve to come in the turn that the vendetta comes in in order to have that unit deploy inside the vendetta?

Tynskel
08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Read the top of page 96 of the Imp Guard Dex. The platoon counts as a single support choice (not exactly important, it is what comes afterward), when deploying, and is rolled for collectively when rolling for reserves.

They either all start on the board, or off.

Easy fix, in your case. Take away the chimera from one veteran squad, and give it to the platoon, after which, have the veteran squad deploy in the Vendetta.

RocketRollRebel
08-10-2010, 05:37 PM
hmm thanks for that. Yeah, kinda a noob mistake on my part (and i've been playing the army for 4 years!:o). I'll give it a shot. I just kinda wanted to put a cheap scoring unit in the vendetta since the vets who normally ride in it have a lame habit of never getting out of it!

So aside from that what do you think of the list?