PDA

View Full Version : Nemisis Q (spoiler)

Silver Drakes Legion
08-08-2010, 09:21 PM
In Nemisis, Spear the blck pariah how the hell would he get daemonic skin. He's an anti psyker the exact opposite of the warp. That really bothered me. I was just wondering if anyone could explain it to make sense? I thought pariahs made the warp flee in horror and couldn't even fight back.

miteyheroes
08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
There's also a bit where a Culexus is called a psyker. Oh gods.

In short I really enjoyed the book, but wish someone had explained Pariahs to the author...

Just_Me
08-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Actually, A fairly strong argument could be made that blanks and pariahs ARE psykers, just on the far opposite end of the spectrum from the traditional sense. This is especially true in the "old" Imperium that had a much more scientific (albeit stylized) worldview.

As for how a daemon could be bonded to a pariah... I noticed that too and it bothered me a bit at the time. The only suggestion I came up with is that Spear was... unique, not even a normal pariah in the traditional sense of the term, something about his unique state of being allowed the bonding. Alternatively Erebus was/is clearly a high practitioner and devotee of Chaos based "arts," possible second only to Lorgar himself, and perhaps with the ear of the Ruinous Powers themselves. He might have found a way to circumvent this particular problem in some way. It is also notable that the bonding experience itself seemed to be quite agonizing to both Spear and the Daemon predator to which it was bonded, possibly a result of Spear's pariah nature.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter...

Silver Drakes Legion
08-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Alright interesting about the old fluff of them being psykers. It was odd that psykers were still able to fight in the anti psker bubble. I mean it was a great read. He just seemed very confused about how the psyker and pariahs work. Sometimes they couldn't function in the bubble other times it was just a minor irritant for the warp.