PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Dwarf List Need help!

Order_from_Chaos
08-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Runelord w/ sheild and Anvil of Doom
Rune of stone, Master Rune of spellbinding, 2x Rune of Spelleating

423 pts lords

Thane w/ great weapon
Master Rune of Gromril, Master rune of spite

BSB
Thane
Army Standard

229pts heroes

20 Dwarf Warriors w/ GW full command

20 Dwarf Warriors w/ shields full command

20 Dwarf Long beards /w GW, full command and magic standard Master rune of grungi

10 Quarrelers w/ musician

10 thunderers w/ musician

10 thunderers w/ musician

1170 pts core

Cannon w/ rune of reloading, rune of burning

grudge thrower w/ rune of reloading

organ gun

bolt throwers x2
engineer
1 Rune of burning

425 pts special & rare

Please let me know what you think. Im thinking the warriors/longbeards move up with their 5+ ward saves against shooting and magic missiles. range troops pummel from afar and the range of artillery destroy whatever they can. Thats what im thinking but this is my first army Ill be playing for fantasy so I might be missing something.

Cheers,
Josh

Aldramelech
08-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Ditch the organ gun and take another cannon, its too short range and the extra cannon will give you the ability to worry big nastys from afar. You really need 1 more big unit of 20 CC unpleasentness as well.

Nikephoros
08-10-2010, 04:28 AM
I agree with Aldramelech, the 2nd cannon is key. I would also bring a mortar with the +1 strength rune. Anyone who brings a cheap horde unit will be hating their day when your S5 pie plates start dropping on it.

Order_from_Chaos
08-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Do you think it would be wiser to ditch the bolt throwers for another cannon?

Aldramelech
08-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Two Bolt Throwers, two Cannons and a Grudge Thrower give you serious long range firepower. What don't fit in is the Organ Gun, it just doesn't have the range, by the time its in range you need a really good shot from it for it too justify its points. Bolt throwers can be given that rune that turns them into anti aircraft guns too :) very useful.

Every army will have at least two big things in it you'll want to shoot a cannon at every turn until its gone, two lets you do that. The Bolt Throwers can take on not so big but still unpleasant stuff (Chariots etc) and the Grudge Thrower lets you flatten those really big units.