PDA

View Full Version : Empire army of Nuln 2000pts.

Dosadi
07-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I just started an empire army when the new plastic greatswords (goldswords now) came out and have only played a single game with them thus far. It was against dark elves and I lost (minor win for the DE). I did manage to kill his Hyda on the first turn with a cannonball, kill most of his Blackguard with a misfiring hellblaster and his general with a cannonball on the 4th turn. All in all I'm really loving how the Empirte play and it's nice break from my Orcs & Goblins and High Elves.

So here is the list with a bit of fluff I've written about some of the regiments. There will be more fluff to come as I play more games with the army.
Let me know what you think. It's a very un-orthodox list as it contains no Lector, no wizards and no Stank(although this is the first thing in at 2500pts.:cool:)

ADOLF ODOVACAR
General of the Empire: 190
Great Weapon, Pistol
Armour of Meteoric Iron, Holy Relic, Icon of Magnus

The Quartermaster
Captain of the Empire: 152
Full Plate Armour, Barded Warhorse, Hand weapon
Battle Standard Bearer: Griffon Banner

Master Engineer: 80
Repeater handgun

Warrior Priest: 146
Heavy Armour, Hammer & Shield
Shroud of Magnus

Total: 568

Core

The Forge Guard
Tasked with the defence of Nuln’s many forges and the Imperial Gunnery School should the city ever be invaded the Forge Guard are one of the most prestigious regiments of Nuln. Each soldier of the Forge Guard carries an ancestral heirloom in the form of a dwarf forged shield with the Lion of Nuln emblazoned upon it. These shields are not only tremendously strong; they are badges of office handed down from father to son for over a millennium. The regiment is unique in that it recruits only from the sons of those who have served in the regiment or work in one of the forges the regiment is tasked with defending. Tradition holds that such practices mean the soldiers are far less likely to break and flee when the lives of their kin depend on it.
The newest recruits are first placed into the crossbowmen detachment. It is here that they will get their first taste of battle. Tradition holds that the recruits will stay in this regiment until they have proven themselves and literally earned their shield. Once a recruit is deemed ready, they will receive their shield from the quartermaster and take their place in one if the Forge Guard Spearmen units. Those that show skill as a marksman may instead be inducted into one of the many handgunner regiments of Nuln. Some remain a crossbowman for their entire career, unable to meet the requirements to earn their shield. Called shieldless and generally looked down on by the rest of the regiment. However they serve a valuable roll providing battlefield experience and training to the new recruits.
The most veteran soldiers of the Forge Guard are organised into detachments, switching out their spear for a halberd. These men almost always have over a decade of service in a spearmen regiment and only the Quartermaster himself commands more respect.

30 Spearmen: 200
Hand weapon, Spear, Light Armour & Shield
Sergeant Grootus Berg, Standard & Musician

Detachments
8 Halberdiers: 48
10 Crossbowmen: 80

Marksmen of the Griffon Gate
12 Handgunners: 121
Marksman: Hochland Long rifle

12 Handgunners: 121
Marksman: Hochland Long rifle

Total: 570

Special

The von Liebwitz Greatswords of Nuln
Emmanuelle Von Liebwitz became the Countess of Nuln and Wissenland one year after Karl Franz’ coronation as Emperor. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of her ascension Emmanuelle ordered a regiment of Greatswords be relocated from Wissenberg to Nuln. The Countess commissioned black and red uniforms be tailored for them from the finest dyed silks of Cathay instead of the traditional Grey and White of Wissenland. This action was looked upon unfavourably by the Assembly. It was seen as just one more snub by the Countess towards the province she spent so little time ruling. The von Liebwitz Greatswords of Nuln as they become known have distinguished themselves numerous times in battle under the command of Adolf Odovacar who insisted that they be a battle hardened regiment and not simply the Countess’ house guard. Thus he was able to take several units with him on his many campaigns When the army of Nuln marched to join the Council of Light, Adolf was able to convince Emmanuelle to assign a unit of Great Swords to act as his personal bodyguard even though he was no longer their captain. Their campaign banner bears a great cannon of Nuln to denote their addition to the massive artillery train marching North.

24 Greatswords: 300
Countess’ Champion, Musician, Standard: standard of Arcane Warding

Detachments
The Swiftjacks
Tasked with patrolling the Altestadt or more specifically the Aldig Quarter, the Swiftjacks or Swifts as they are commonly called consider themselves the personal watch of the nobility of Nuln. Not known for their impartiality, woe to those cought wandering the streets of Altestadt without leave, or those who would dare burgle one of the noble houses. The term Swifted away to the Iron Tower is common terminology among the folk of Nuln and all know what it means. The Swiftjacks are only answerable to the High Constable who hand picks Swfits from among the watchmen of Nuln, only those with a sense of respectability are assigned to the Swifts and the position is the highest paid among the city’s various watches. However they are expected to spend a large portion of their wages on their personal attire as they must not look out of place among the wealth of Altestadt.
In times of war, small detachments of Swiftjacks are often assigned to keep order among the various regiments. A task that has earned them few friends among the state soldiers of Nuln.
9 Swordsmen: 54

Nuln Palace Tower Sentries
8 Handgunners: 64

Pistolkorps of Nuln
6 Pistoliers: 132
Outrider: Repeater pistol
Musician

Great Cannon: 100
Great Cannon: 100

Total: 726

Rare

Hellblaster Volley Gun: 110

Total: 1998

Dosadi

CrusherJoe
07-28-2009, 03:45 AM
Unfortunately I'm not knowledgable enough about the Empire army to really comment on the list itself (though it does look OK to me, from my WoC point of view :) ) but what I wanted to say what I'm loving the fluff you have for those units. It adds some real flavor to the list and reading it put a smile on my face.

Thanks for sharing!

npullan
07-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Now I'm not sure if you have anything completed or not, but personally I would swap the Spears for Swordsmen.

Same points cost and the WS4 is essential in the era of WoC Mark of Nurgle. -1 WS means your spears (and halberds) hit on 5+ whereas the swords continue hitting on 4+. ALSO as most basic troops are WS4 or less, it means that you are being hit on 4+. This increases your survivability immensely.

Other than that I would worry about your magic defence. You're relying on MR to make up for the fact that you have 3 dispel at 2K points. Works great on offensive magic armies but spells almost automatic doom against Vampires and other support casting armies.

Just my 2 cents of course.

icecube
09-04-2009, 06:51 AM
I would also suggest taking an scroll caddy (lvl 1 wizard with 2 dispiel scrolls). Also what are your plans if the enemy sends lots of fast cavarly against your warmachines.

necromancy
09-22-2009, 03:36 PM
first of all the bsb is on a horse but with no nights in the army i asume is in a foot unit. this makes him cannonball magnet(ect) number1.

also i know its peronal tase but i have allways like mortars but with a dwarven artilary eye who can blame me wanting the pie plate.

other than that it seams like quite a decen list that would be fun to play with