Sponson lascqnnon

Predator
Sponson lascqnnon

2x sang priests (go in two razorbacks)

Thoughts and comments

Duke

Connjurus
08-10-2010, 07:48 PM
What's your basic plan for this list? I see a lot of vehicles, relatively speaking, and with the plethora of Lascannons in this list you should be able to do pretty well against mech, but what about a Horde list?

Sanguinary Dan
08-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Perhaps more of a general comment than a specific point... But what's the point of all the spam in a can mech lists? It's getting very discouraging seeing all the Razorback + minimum RAS based BA armies. Almost to the level of the much reviled "Naked Sergeants" lists from 3ed.

What happens to an army like this when it runs into Wolves with multiple Long Fangs packs?

And why the Reclusiarch? A Librarian in Terminator Armor could give you Preferred Enemy for re-rolls every turn of combat. Add in Might of Heroes and you've got 1d3 more Thunder Hammer attacks per turn. Or Sanguine Sword for S10 at initiative.

Connjurus
08-11-2010, 06:09 AM
I second Sanguinary Dan's idea of the Librarian - all in all, you get more bang for your buck, because not only do you get those two Psychic powers, but you also get a Psychic Hood and a Force Weapon. An improvement over the Reclusiarch in pretty much every way.

Oh, and you can give him a Storm Shield.

Tynskel
08-11-2010, 07:57 AM
zzzZZzzzzZZzzzz
snooooooorrreeeee.....

bu--- wha?

Oh, yeah, another spam list of Blood Angels... back to sleep...

zzzZZZzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZ

At least equip the Assault Squad/ Razorbacks differently. Just so there's some flavor.

Duke
08-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Well, I know people dont Like to see spam lists but in all honesty I feel that spam isn't that big of an annoyance,.. Anyhow, this was just a funny idea I had and will most likely not build this this in reality. However, my tourney list is quite spam my and handled long fangs easily. The idea with blood angels hasn't moved much from 3rd Ed. The name of the game is still rhino rush.

I simply deploy as far forward as possible and move 18" turn one, while my baals scout for side shots. I then pop smoke on all my rhinos and razorbacks and then assault next turn. Even leaf blower has problems with this list cause there are too many tanks in their face.

Duke

Sandman2663
08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I disagree with the 'Rhino Rush' idea...
I have had supreme effectiveness with BA and use no Rhinos.
I believe the name of the game for BA is 'Element of Surprise' and 'Alpha Strike'.
When I play in a tourney the game is only 4 turns (sometimes less), had a few 5 turn games. I say this because I usually go second and reserve everything. My opponent has two turns of no shooting and all the movement they want. If I come in on Turn 2 (rarely but it has happened that I do), whatever is there is dead, turn 3 the rest usually comes on and finishes off what vehicles, MC's, outflankers, etc - dead.
I use a 3 Stormraven list with some speeder support and the occasional LRR. The only opponent I have issues with is a well built Mech IG. If they are sharp they keep side armor covered, if not they die as well.

I also understand the frustration with 'spam' but it is essential for whatever tactic you deem necessary. I spam my troops and vehicles sometimes especially in a tourney because it is one less thing to have to worry about and it is easy to play.

As for the list Duke, I would drop a VG and add a JP Priest...

Duke
08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I think i should Ike to try a fully jump pack list that reserves... It would be interesting to say the least.

Duke

Sandman2663
08-12-2010, 07:55 PM
No doubt. It is hard to recover from if you lose too much. But it is fun and no two games are the same.