PDA

View Full Version : The Redeemer's Guard (2,500 Blood Angel List)

Connjurus
08-10-2010, 09:54 PM
The Redeemer's Guard

HQ
Astorath the Grim - 220

Librarian - 100
Terminator Armor and SS - 45
Epistolary - 50
Sanguine Sword and Unleash Rage

Elites
Terminator Assault Squad - 200
4 x TH/SS - 20

Sanguinary Priest - 50
Terminator Armor, Power Sword, Chalice of Blood - 35

Troops
5 x Death Company - 100
5 x Jump packs - 75
5 x Power Weapon - 75

10 x Assault Squad - 190
2 x Infernus Pistol - 30
1 x Power Sword - 15
1 x Flamer - 5

10 x Assault Squad - 190
2 x Infernus Pistol - 30
1 x Power Sword - 25
1 x Flamer - 5

10 x Assault Squad - 190
2 x Infernus Pistol - 30
1 x Power Fist - 15
1 x Flamer - 5

10 x Assault Squad - 190
2 x Infernus Pistol - 30
1 x Power Fist - 25
1 x Flamer - 5

Fast Attack
Vanguard Veteran Squad - 115
5 x Jump Packs - 50
4 x Power Weapon - 60
1 x Glaive Encarmine - Free
4 x Hand Flamers - 40
2 x Meltabombs - 10

Vanguard Veteran Squad - 115
5 x Jump Packs - 50
4 x Power Weapon - 60
1 x Glaive Encarmine - Free
4 x Hand Flamers - 40
2 x Meltabombs - 10

Alright, this is my 2,500 point Blood Angels fluff list that I've made for a 2-vs-2 game my friends and I are going to be playing. Basically, it's supposed to be Astorath's guard. I'm going to be fighting alongside a heavy-support themed Imperial Fists list against Iron Warriors and some Traitor Guard in a Seize ground game. Basically, the plan is for my buddy to "hold the line" with a semi-static mech list backed up by plenty of Devastators. My job is threat management. I hold everything in reserve, hopefully get some lucky rolls to get my Vanguards and Assault Squads Furious Charge and Fearless.

The Assault Squads' job is to make the enemy have to work just to get something off of their own objectives, as well as some emergency vehicle popping.

The Terminators, Librarian, and Sanguinary Priest deep-strike on a flank or in the center of their deployment and give them something to fire at that will definitely give them some trouble, and slam just about anything they get their hammers/claws on.

Astorath and the Death Company...I'm not sure. Probably deep-strike near or behind an Assault squad for a cover save. I do know I want to keep them in this list, though, just for the fluff.

And the Vanguards are my reactionary force. They deep-strike near something that needs to die and kill it dead.

Thoughts? Comments?

Tynskel
08-11-2010, 09:31 AM
hmmm...

I think you need a second priest in the list. The Vanguard are going to need their Furious Charge to be really effective (I never leave things to chance, if I don't have to).
I worry that you do not have a Teleport Homer for you terminators. This could be remedied by exchanging one assault squad for a Drop Pod Tactical Squad with a Locator Beacon on the Pod, and a Teleport Homer (for redundancy).

Here's a suggestion:
Drop one Vanguard Vet Squad.(+275 points)
Take Lemartes (-150)--- this will free up Astorath to join any of the assault squads, knowing that you will have a dangerous death company with or without him.
Take a Flying Priest (-75).
For one Powerfist Squad: change one infernus pistol and flamer into Meltaguns: (0)
Add a 6th Vanguard Veteran with Power Weapon (-45)
The other Powerfist Squad: Exchange for Tactical Squad (+250)
(-205) Tactical Squad
10 Marines, Power Weapon, Teleport Homer, Flamer, Plasma Cannon
(-45) Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod, Locator Beacon

This will give you some flexibility in your terminators: I never leave home without Teleport Homers/Locator Beacons for my Terminators. I have over 30 of the Emperor's Finest. And it SUCKS when they Mishap. Especially since it is 20% of your army.

Connjurus
08-11-2010, 06:06 PM
See, originally, I was going to take a second Priest for a Vet squad, but then I realized that they'd lose Heroic Intervention, wouldn't they?

Tynskel
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
yeah, they do. That's why you have the priest nearby, all ya need is one dude within 6" to benefit from FNP and FC.

Granted, you'll not be able to take advantage of this all the time, however, between the 2 priests, and Astorath, you'll have a pretty solid chance that the Vanguards will have Furious Charge on the turn they come in---- and POW!

Connjurus
08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah, that's actually the reason I took two Vanguard Vets - that why I'll have a 75% chance that at least one of them will get FC, and a 25% chance they'll both get it.

As far as the teleport homer goes...I dunno. The reason I took all assault troops was so that, fluff-wise, it could be this mass wave of jump-pack troops blazing down from the heavens to assist the beleaguered Imperial Fists, y'know? The Terminators are the exception to this because, let's face it, I need some kind of Psychic defense, plus I figure Astorath would warrant a small guard of Terminator-armored Veterans. Not to mention I want to try out that build you saw me put them in - I hardly ever see someone use a Librarian with a SS, and if you combine that with five assault terminators, Sanguine Sword, and Unleash Rage? Well, I've been wanting to try it out for a while. >_> Maybe I could convince everyone to to push that battle up to 3,000 points......

Hrm...

I dunno. I'd have to start using proxies then. XD The only other BA models I have are an unfinished Baal Pred and a Death Company Dreadnought.

Oh, and Corbulo and Meph, but they were gifts from a friend of mine, and I don't like Meph and Corbulo wouldn't fit in with this list at all.

Tynskel
08-12-2010, 06:35 PM
hehehe, the correct answer is that Terminators are always AWESOME!

I think the Librarian thing is fine with the terminators, but you could just as easily gone with a flying Librarian. As long as he's getting FC he'll survive most baddies.

If you drop the terminators in favor of a flying Libby (same powers and epistolary upgrade), you'll free up 325 points.
And, if you feel redonkulous:

320 Honour Guard
Jump Packs, Thunder Hammer, 3 Lightning Claws, 4 Storm Shields

Not quite the same as the Terminators and Terminator armored priest, however, they are wicked fast, and they gain DoA. A pretty nasty guard for your Heros.

But, not going so crazy:

235 Honour Guard
Jump Packs, Blood Champion, Pair of Lightning Claws, 2 Meltaguns
90 Sanguinary Priest
Jump Pack, Power Weapon
Total 325

Connjurus
08-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Wait a minute...don't Blood ANgels Honor Guard have that Sanguinary Novitiate? :O