PDA

View Full Version : Ulthwe 1750

DrReaver
08-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Ok, having just joined thought i'd post the current army list i'm working ok (just the falcon and Guardians to paint) any thoughts?

Autarch, mandiblasters, power weapon, fusion gun

Farseer, doom, guide, spirit stones, runes of warding

5 Dragons in serpent, EML, stones

9 DA, dual cats, bladestorm in serpent, EML, stones

10 Storm Guardians, warlock, enhance, 2 melta/flamer
in serpent, starcannons, stones

5 DA

3 Jetbikes, Shuricannon

3 Vypers, Shuricannon*3 EML*3

2 Fire Prism's stones

1 Falcon, Stones, EML

Farseer joins DA in falcon (should be a shooting machine)

Autarch joins storm guardians for a (half decent) close combat unit.

Tynskel
08-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Looks like a fun list to me.

I don't understand your notation for the Storm Guardians--- do they have both 2 Flamers and 2 Meltas (which they can't have).

You have a lot of small arms fire, which will be good against hordes. Plus you have speed. I am curious, though, how you will deal with a Heavy Armor list. Missile Launchers are fun n' all, but aren't so great against a lot of Armor 13. Any thoughts about that?

DrReaver
08-12-2010, 12:56 AM
i haven't decided on whether to take meltas or flamers.

I'll be honest it's designed with av12 spam in mind. As for av 13, i'm planning on using the prism's/dragons, but also use the armies speed for side armour shots

davel
08-14-2010, 04:08 AM
how important is your theme? the list seems to have more competitive troop choices than themed ones.

with storm guardians I'd go fusion guns as 2 serpents with anti tank troops are more likely to reach target than 1.
This will free up your prisms to shoot hordes. they can target tanks but landing that template center can be tough.

I find jet bikes work best as 5 or 6. It is very difficult to keep any unit out of sight and only one casualty will cause a check. bikes can easily run off, 2 casualties and you can't regroup.

dave l

DrReaver
08-14-2010, 10:44 AM
i've tried to theme it, the dire avengers are my black guardians, but the rules i felt were more appropriate.

there is a temptation to drop a vyper for another three jetbikes.

The more i think the more i'm moving to having t2 serpents with brightlnces and one just with shuricanons