PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best unit in WotR?

Dáin Ironfoot
08-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Title says it all really. What do you think is the best WotR formation? (including Legendary)

My personal fav and what I think is the best is the Khazad Guard. Runner ups are close behind them though (Vault Wardens and Iron Guard).

icecube
08-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Definently my favourite is castellans of Dol Guldur. Second up is mountain giant.:o

Dark Lord
10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
My fav is the Mumak! runner up would hav to be Khamul the Easternling (can u hav Epic Heros?) if no epic heros then I would choose a Dragon of Ancient Times

Bean
12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Dragon of Ancient Times. He's fast, he flies, he's virtually unbeatable in combat. He's a caster, he has a great ranged attack, and he's virtually impossible to kill. Plus, he's Rare, not Legendary, so you can get lots of them!

Definitely the best formation in the game.

Cryl
12-30-2009, 06:40 AM
for basic troop units then it's either Morannon Orcs or Warriors of Minas Tirith taken in large blocks. Those guys win games.

But if we're talking about taking anything at all then I've got to agree with Bean that the Dragon is the single best unit in the game for all the reasons they've already posted.

El_Davo
01-02-2010, 08:36 PM
i'm a big fan of the battlecry trebuchet. the artillary rules are awsome and this is one of the few warmachines that actually uses the artllery chart instead of a unique one.

and if we can include really dumb combos, the one that got used on me the other day was a formation of half trolls with two handed weapons and the betrayer and amdur, lord of the blades.
my oppenent called an epic rampage with amdur. so he had a R2 infantry formation that rerolls to hit and makes an extra attack each time an attack hits, all the while at +1 to hit and at S5. wicked dumb lol. went through half my army before i shot it to death.

Bean
01-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah, that happened to me recently Gimli and some S5 Dwarven something-or-others with two-handed weapons used Epic Rage and Berserk to inflict 70 hits on my poor Balrog, who promptly exploded.

That Balrog did manage to kill about two thirds of the unit as well as Legolas (in a duel--I definitely underestimated how dangerous Gimli was, or I'd have killed him in the duel instead) before dying, but it was something of a wake-up call.

Despite that, the Balrog performed excellently, on the whole.