PDA

View Full Version : Planetary Empires World

Valdore
08-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Ok, log number 3, this time I'm back to scenery in a way, though more of a campaign way. Having picked up my planetary empires box today, preordered 2 packs of hive city tiles (well why not!) and been told that I'm running the store's first planetary empires campaign starting straight after the summer campaign ends, I find myself in need of painting it up pretty quickly so that I can start work on the campaign map and rules!

So, here is what I'm going to work on:

Undercoat black
Spray Codex Grey
Heavy drybrush Fortress Grey
Light Drybrush Space Wolves Grey
Wash the whole thing, probably Badab Black

Then detail the tiles, so the defence lines and spaceports will be done up, as will the hive cities when I get them. I'm not decided on what to do with the little markers yet, they'll be the basic like above, then detailed, but we'll see how that goes!

Oh, the ravines/canyons will probably be done in orange/red for magma, if only to add some colour to the tiles! The forest tiles will likely be done to some sort of crystal fields, probably blue, but I'll try one out and see what looks best. The ruins tiles will be made to look more like ruined cities/settlements, detailing the roads etc.

Suggestions and comments welcome, and apologies about the lack of pictures, nothing interesting to take pics of yet bar a pile of plastic tiles . . . well, four piles actually :p