PDA

View Full Version : Monolith Deep Striking

BlueRonin
08-16-2009, 02:06 AM
I've seen this argued to death on a few other forums, but without any clear and satisfactory answer.

How is the deep striking ability of a Monolith generally interpreted, with regards to its ability to move models out of the way instead of being destroyed?

Does the Monolith get this ability whenever it scatters onto models, or do you first roll on the deep strike mishaps table and see if you get a 'destroyed' result (i.e. delay and 'relocation' results would still happen)?

Jwolf
08-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Whenever it scatters onto models.

Dan-e
08-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Whenever it scatters onto models.

I second this, this is how i play my monolith...

keithsilva
08-17-2009, 11:21 AM
the monolith will only ever roll on the mishap if it scatters of the table. They are like droppods almost, the only way they will ever roll is when they fall of the table. It states it in the necron codex, that any models that are under the monoloth moves away, so lets say you want to deep strike next to a IG gun line, and it scatter and lands in the middle of the army then everyone would move away, but the down side is if any models are blocking the exit point, then no models can come through it.Hope this helps:D

Pariah Stevo
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
correct!

N-Bomb
08-21-2009, 08:49 PM
if by chance there is impassible terrain (obviously agreed upon beforehand) then the monolith can also mishap on that, it only says moves models out of the way not terrain features, and like any other deep strike it is affected by terrain.

Now with it being a skimmer...I may be wrong somewhere.

imperialsavant
08-21-2009, 10:22 PM
if by chance there is impassible terrain (obviously agreed upon beforehand) then the monolith can also mishap on that, it only says moves models out of the way not terrain features, and like any other deep strike it is affected by terrain.

Now with it being a skimmer...I may be wrong somewhere.

You are correct! In a recent Apocalypse game our Necron opponent had his Monilith land on difficult Terrain & ended up Immobolised & then for us it convientely blocked his line of sight from his Pylon!
Didnt we give him "Heaps"! :o:o:o