Grail Knights x5 (270)
Wailing Banner

Brettonian Lord x1 (257)
Grail Vow
Lance of Artois
Gromril Great Helm
Obsidian Trinket
Virtue of the Joust

Total: 2945 (not quite sure what I can add from here equipment wise, not models)

AirHorse
08-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Got a few thoughts, though I've not started my army yet :p

Firstly, wheres some errantry knights with their banner! They are ace, especially considering their lower price tag. A good combo for these guys would be to combine a large unit with a character using virtue of the impetuous knight for superlong charge ranges(though youve got to be careful since the errantry knights check is from a massive 20" distance now, not sure if the virtue has an affect on this, as i understand it it wouldnt and then the bonus is a nice help if you get caught out with a long range check).

Also I personally dont see a villein as a good investment, might as well buy a couple more bodies instead.

I like the idea of using virtue of duty on the bsb too so he can be a solid boon to any combat he gets involved in, couple that with a nice banner and he can be a really strong passive influence.

The chalice which gives bonus dispel dice is awesome too, especially if you give it to a lore of life caster incase of stray wounds.

Thats some thoughts, and now its dinner time :p

Aenir
08-15-2010, 05:21 PM
I have always wondered why people like the knights errant. They are only 4 points less, deal with less LD, less WS and Impetuous which might get them places they shouldnt be. IMO that isnt worth the 4 point savings. (Just my Opinion however)

Dwarflord17404
08-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Instead of severeal mundane units why not runthe double death star

2 15 man units of knights of the relamwith full command each containg with a Paladin (one is the bsb with the Banner of the lady), A super fighty tooled up LOrd of death and a Damsel on a steed

back this up with mayber 2 units of 9 Questing Knights for flank charges.

Also Why no Pladin with vow of empathy to lead your peasants ?

Also I thinka 2nd trebuchet is in order.

Aenir
08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Bit of both, Am converting up some old empire knightly order knights into questing knights. Cant quite make that uber unit, as the Lord has the Grail Vow, and I only have 5 Grail Knights. Did the Uber Unit before, was semi interesting but didnt do anything effectively enough in my opinion.
The Trebuchet is in single because It is the only one I have (Isnt even a Trebuchet, it is a Halfling hotpot, Love the model)

lobster-overlord
08-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Dwarflord, What is a "Lord of Death" for the KoR unit? In my list, I have three KoR units, 2x9 and 1x13, so for me, taking 2x15 would be easy, but I don't understand what that one part is.
John M.

Dwarflord17404
08-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Lobster overlord:

Lord of death one
The Silver Lance ( auto Hit with blessing)
The other tricksters pendant ( opp re-roll succesfull ward saves)
Virtue of Purity (alawys has blessing)

Paladin Bsb with Banner of the Lady

Damsel level 2 season to taste

15 Kor with Full command

Lord of Death Two
The sword of bloodshed (+3 attacks)
The Virtue of Heriosim (herioc killing blow)

Paladin with Lance shield virtue of impetous (+d6 fist charge)

Damsel Level 2 season to taste

15 KOR with full command and Banner of swiftness

Now for the Formation
3 x 6
The reason is minimizes attacks Back, can have more ranks than oppenent (6) With the banner of the Lady no fear from ranked up infantry and lastly has a small foot print. Bascially with Horde army's a plenty you could fight half of his army @ a time by only using half of your deployment zone.

I understand the model thing however Why does your lord need to take a questing Vow. If he is armed with a non lance weapon you arm him with a magical weapon?

AirHorse
08-17-2010, 03:51 AM
Aenir, people like errantry knights because they have a banner which increases their strength on the charge, combined with the lance formation it means you can get a hefty amount of str 6 attacks off on the charge. But you are right, you have to either be very careful with them, or just totaly wreckless :p.

Aenir
08-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Got slaughtered by a deamon list, wasnt going good for me :)

Grail Knights held their own vs Bloodcrushers on juggers, Questing knights cut through the screamers, hit a horde of bloodletters, lasted for a turn, mixed bag on the Knights of the Realm units. Peasant bowmen ran off the board turn one, Men at arms got slaughtered too

KriegXXIX
08-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Just one thought. Your longbowmen should probably have flaming arrows. I don't remember it being that much and can really help you against some of the things you will probably run into in 'Ard Boyz. 2 units would be good if you can spare the points.

I think double charges are key with Brets. You won't get enough kills to remove steadfast otherwise. Have fun with them.

lobster-overlord
08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Instead of severeal mundane units why not runthe double death star

2 15 man units of knights of the relamwith full command each containg with a Paladin (one is the bsb with the Banner of the lady), A super fighty tooled up LOrd of death and a Damsel on a steed

back this up with mayber 2 units of 9 Questing Knights for flank charges.

Also Why no Pladin with vow of empathy to lead your peasants ?

Also I thinka 2nd trebuchet is in order.

Dwarflord, I was analyzing your suggestions/questions about the double deathstar and the paladin on foot. The double death star as I calculated is over 100 points over the max lord/hero choice allotment. How do you figure you could run them in ard boyz?

John M>

Aenir
08-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I tried a variant of that list (the first one, with the sword attacks n such)

played 2 turns vs High elves, teclys purple sunned himself, killed a lord on griffon, and messed up some ohter units. Overall victory (on points) for me

was short models though, so more tinkering for me!

Dwarflord17404
08-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Dwarflord, I was analyzing your suggestions/questions about the double deathstar and the paladin on foot. The double death star as I calculated is over 100 points over the max lord/hero choice allotment. How do you figure you could run them in ard boyz?

John M>

um

Death star 1
Lord Silver lance of the lady,other tricksters shard,virtue of purity
Paladin virtue of impetous knights, lance, shield
Damesel level 2 with sc roll of leaching
15 K.o.R banner of swiftness full command

Death star 2
Lord sword of blood shed , virtue of heriosim
paladin bsb banner of the lady
Prohptess level 4 with iron curse icon , potion sacre
15 K.OR full command

rear with the gear
Paldin vow of empathy sword of battle
19 bowmen with flaming brazier

Thats 702 on lord level characters , 536 on hero's and 902 on Core choices. So since you can have up to 750 points on each lord and hero choices and you need a minum of 750 points of core. So How is it illegeal or doesn't fit. addtionaly it gives you like 900 points to spend on the trebuchet and flanking units of questing and grail knights. Unless you are fielding a horde formation of men at arm i would not recommend them (4 x10).

lobster-overlord
08-26-2010, 11:30 AM
OK, I had to re-read that section, as I was working with a hand written/transcribed section that only stated 25% for them total since I share abook with someone else until the new one comes out. I got my grubby hands on the actual and checked it out myself as I hadn't fully read it yet since the other person is in possession of the book most of the time Thanks for the correction to my thoughts

John M.

BrPrometheus
08-27-2010, 11:09 AM
The uber killy lord #2 from dwarf lord isn't uber killy. The virtue that gives monsterous killing blow only works with non-magical weapons. I prefer the following

lord
warhorse
lance
virtue of heroism (monsterous killing blow)
armor of agilulf (ws 10)
dawnstone (reroll armor saves)
potion of speed (for that one turn against the bloodthirster you really really want to strike first)

I would also consider the potion that adds 1 attack as monsterous killing blow with 5 attacks is nice as well.

Requiemnex
09-25-2010, 08:44 PM
The uber killy lord #2 from dwarf lord isn't uber killy. The virtue that gives monsterous killing blow only works with non-magical weapons. I prefer the following

lord
warhorse
lance
virtue of heroism (monsterous killing blow)
armor of agilulf (ws 10)
dawnstone (reroll armor saves)
potion of speed (for that one turn against the bloodthirster you really really want to strike first)

I would also consider the potion that adds 1 attack as monsterous killing blow with 5 attacks is nice as well.

Read the GW webpage. Heroism works with magic weapons now.