PDA

View Full Version : Elda,r 1750, for tournaments

imp
08-15-2010, 03:07 AM
I'm building myself an Eldar army, what do you think about this.
(I know there way to much points in Star Engines, but they are so annoying it's acctually worth it (for the fun of it).

HQ Yriel -
HQ Autarch - Fusion gun

E Fire Dragons (7) -
Serpent - twin-ShC, Spirit stones, ShC, Star Engines

T Storm Guardians (10+1) - 2 flamers, Warlock, Destructor, S. Spear
Serpent - twin-ShC, Spirit stones, ShC, Star Engines
T Dire Avengers (5) -
Serpent - twin-Bright Lance, ShC, Spirit Stones, Star Engines
T Dire Avengers (5) -
Serpent - twin-Bright Lance, ShC, Spirit Stones, Star Engines

FA Vyper - 2 ShC, Star Engines
FA Vyper - 2 ShC, Star Engines

HS Fire Prism - ShC, Star Engines

Porty1119
08-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Actually not horrible. HOWEVER, I would reccomend giving each Serpent a Bright Lance AND a Shuricannon. My logic is that destroying one of the transports will not make a huge difference, while with the current build it is entirely possible to pop both Lance Serpents and lose all ranged anti-tank. In addition, the dual-armed Serpents can only move 6" to fire everything, past that the extra guns become redundant. If equipped with both weapons, they can move 12" and select the best weapon for the target. Your plan may be to move slowly and fire all weapons, but this greatly increases the army's vulnerability to fast assault units who no longer hit on a 6.

scadugenga
08-15-2010, 09:27 AM
I would recommend losing the Star Engines on the Vypers & Fire Prisms--they're really not going to be used all that much for either entry.

Upgrading your Vypers to EML & ShC is a good idea--within 24" you can fire the plasma missile (Str 4, thus defensive) and the ShC and still move 12". Or stay at 48" away and launch krak missiles. It's a win/win situation.

I'd ditch the second autarch--unless your plan is to reserve *everything* since Yriel already counts as an autarch.

Without a Farseer you're lacking in the psychic defense (runes of warding) and augmentation abilities that give the Eldar their edge.

G'luck!

Tynskel
08-15-2010, 09:51 AM
The only issue I see is 21 claiming dudes. Space Marines can get away with having under 20 claiming dudes in 1750 (hell, I like to run 10-15), but Eldar Troops are really weak. Understandably, your transports rock-- but when they get shot down, they won't survive for long.

I think it might be worth your while to axe a Vyper just to up the numbers in your Dire Avenger squads.

imp
08-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Thank's for constructive comments =)

Autarchs: The plan is to reserve everything, always. The basics idea for the army is a list that can be "sacrificed" in team tournments (given out first to meet whatever the opponents wants to put against it).

Serpents: Brightlances on all the serpents is really tempting. The second cannon is mostly to have something nicer than catapults in case of a weapon destroyed.

Scoring: I'm thinking about loosing a Vyper and adding 3 jetbikes. I can only agree that scoring in general is the weakest link in this army, but I'm not really sure that larger DA units is good for me, I'll probably be to tempted to get out of the boats and die then.

Vypers: The only important task for my vypers is acctually to be in the way. With Star Engines they can choose what to stand in front of after I've tried to shoot things down, and then stand in the way of the most dangerous things.

More points: If (when) I need more points the Star Engines on the Prisms goes first.

imp
08-18-2010, 10:42 AM
New list...

p - Unit - Equipment
155 - Yriel -
80 - Autarch - Fusion gun
80 - Fire Dragons (5) -
125 - Serpent - twin-ShC, Spirit stones, Star Engines
130 - Storm Guardians (10+1) - 2 flamers, Warlock, Destructor, S. Spear
140 - Serpent - twin-ScL, Spirit stones, Star Engines
152 - Dire Avengers (9+1) - Ecarch; 2 S.Cat, Blade storm
160 - Serpent - twin-Bright Lance, Spirit Stones, Star Engines