PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Info from GD:Germany

Bigred
08-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Via Warseer's Siam-Tiger

They didn't said anything about september, only said "there will be space wolves in october, with some boxes" and "there will be skaven, but 4 boxes will remain".

For your information those plastic boxes will stay, rat ogres will stay, plague monks will stay, gutterrunners will stay and a forth one i can't remember.
So ladies and gentlemen, if you are thinking about starting a skaven army, buy your forces (the 80 eur boxes with 67+ miniatures) now! The regular skaven warriors will most likely be boxes in size of 10 for about 20 bucks, ergo +50% price raise.

Wannabe_Hero
08-16-2009, 06:48 PM
"there will be skaven, but 4 boxes will remain".

For your information those plastic boxes will stay, rat ogres will stay, plague monks will stay, gutterrunners will stay and a forth one i can't remember.

The 4th box will have to be either: The warp lightning cannon or Screaming bell.

I heard a rumour about the bell being made into a plastic kit with the option of being made in to some other warmachine. It's just a rumour though.

I'm going to take a guess, and guess that the 4th box is the warp lightning cannon.

I can't wait for the new skaven releases but I hope clanrats don't get changed, I already have 100 of the models :'(

Edit: If the gutter runner box is staying, as they are the same "style" as clanrats that might be telling us that clanrats aren't getting changed, although they may be repackaged in a box of 10.

Diamondrock
08-20-2009, 01:30 PM
The 4th box will have to be either: The warp lightning cannon or Screaming bell.

I heard a rumour about the bell being made into a plastic kit with the option of being made in to some other warmachine. It's just a rumour though.

I'm going to take a guess, and guess that the 4th box is the warp lightning cannon.

I can't wait for the new skaven releases but I hope clanrats don't get changed, I already have 100 of the models :'(

Edit: If the gutter runner box is staying, as they are the same "style" as clanrats that might be telling us that clanrats aren't getting changed, although they may be repackaged in a box of 10.

Sorry, friend. But new Clanrats are on their way. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67610&d=1250792985)

(image via Warseer. Also, I'm not sure if linking to a picture like that is allowed. If not, please feel free to remove this post.)

Wannabe_Hero
08-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Thankyou for showing me that picture, I am so happy :')

They look so beautiful :')

All my current ones are becoming slaves now >:D

Diamondrock
08-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Pretty-pretty, yes? I'm finally going to start a Fantasy army after years of putting it off.

Gilean1
08-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Those look horrible. Ughh. Now I didn't like the big feet and hands of the old clan rats but man those *sigh*

Zach

L192837465
08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Holy crap those look good. I can't wait for my Skyre themes nurgle army!

npullan
08-27-2009, 07:37 AM
SIGH

I thought my horde army bug was satisfied with 40K. So in addition to having 150+ Tyranids I NOW have to paint 200+ rats to make an awesome Moulder army.

Why does GW love my money so?

Bork
08-29-2009, 12:14 AM
the new clanrats were the decider to see if i started skaven up again. i actually think the old ones look better. these new ones barely even look ratty. really dissapointed but at least thats one less army to paint lol.

Mork
08-29-2009, 04:30 AM
I reckon that I'll just wait, get the army book and then try to decide if I should start painting rats.........

Grimstonefire
08-30-2009, 01:25 PM
The bodies look pretty good I think, the heads... not so much. If I could afford another army I would be sorely tempted to buy those and convert the heads to be more ratty.

Rahakanji
09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
the new clanrats are bad, to human, i liked the old ones bette...

Ysengrin
09-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Well, I think the the old monopose skaven minis are better.

billytwix
09-01-2009, 01:33 PM
i'm def interested to see what comes of the new skaven figs

DreadlordRo
09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I do like the centurion style helmets though. They have too much skin and not enough fur though.

j-orge-287
09-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I can't decide whether the clanrats are good or bad because the current ones look disgusting (as they should) But these ones just look like short furry men with rats heads and tails and wielding spears. Whoever thought of ratmen must have been desperate for races.

M3mph1s
09-01-2009, 08:42 PM
More models to make Hrud out of!!

I'm actually pretty excited to see that GW hasn't totally forgotten about Warhammer

George Labour
09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Hrmm looking more closely at the picture I'm not sure if I like the new body stylings over the older ones. The new outfits are definitely nice, but like everyone says they look more humanish now.

Maybe that's just the paintjob on them though. And even if it's not I already have a couple hundred clanrats, slaves, etc so I'd only need maybe one box for whatever new infantry unit they'll have, and maybe some new weapon teams if thery make those.

My only real hope for the new book is a 'fix' for weapon teams so they can't be sniped out in turn one by every other army. Of course considering how effective they can be I imagine that's going to mean a points increase, though I hope not.

Of course cheaper characters might be nice to, as I've almost given up on any of them but warlock engineers. But I'm not to sure how the points/effectivness is for other armies beyond the chaos/vamps/Helves I usually play againt.

khornelord0129
09-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I heard a rumor goin around that the skaven are getting the doom wheel back as well as DMS.

DreadlordRo
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
That seems to fit the reference to "classic artifice" as mentioned in WD.

Goresmack
09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Gah! I stopped playing fantasy after they nerfed cavalry hammers (not to mention the whole White Wolf army) for Empire, but this new Skaven models may be just the thing to make me come back. All they need is a dab of green stuff to get that extra furry look and ta-duh, rats in cool armor.

-Goresmack