PDA

View Full Version : NeverQuest - Build a Racer

JayArr
11-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Hey NeverQuest fans--NeverQuesters? NeverQuesterinos? NeverQuestrians?

Oh I like that, let's go with that. Hey NeverQuestrians out there, as you might have seen from last week's episode, we're gearing up for an epic cross-sigil race on the show. I thought this would be a cool chance to get some of you involved in the campaign--we love having you lurk in the chat, and would love to bring you into our world. But that's definitely one of those "you're trapped in here with me" kind of deals.

So I was thinking, why not use this thread to design a racer? We've got the entire multiverse of Dungeons and Dragons to play around with--so if you have a favorite character, or want to see a creation of your own make an appearance in the canon, drop them here. More details below.

We've got at least three opportunities to get involved:

Skywhale Races
-Now this is pod racing. Skywhales are majestic, their vast form might seem unwieldy, but they are surprisingly quick.

Combat Races
-Anything goes in this race. You can race, and attack your fellow riders to try and give yourself an advantage. These are races only for the most dedicated speed freaks.

The Main Event
-The big Enchilada, a cross Sigil race for a huge prize. You never know what to expect.

So drop your ideas in below and I'll work them in. Wanna have a moment in the spotlight--be it as an opponent, rival, or ally? I wanna give that to you. So here's all you have to do--tweet or facebook post about the show--either tag our Facebook Page or @Never_quest in your post (as appropriate), and we'll be drawing from that to get some of the featured NPCs coming up.

Drop them in whenever. I'll be checking before the game kicks off each week.

SALLstice
11-10-2017, 03:47 PM
NeverQuesterinos?

https://i.imgur.com/Ej7TBBB.jpg

Navaren
11-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Exciting. I may have to try and submit someone... Hrrrmm

SALLstice
11-10-2017, 04:52 PM
design a racer

I would think a natural shapeshifter would have lots of advantages.
Rocs are pretty fast.
Anything with natural spellcasting.
Anything immune to exhaustion.

Icendar
11-11-2017, 05:31 AM
I have an idea for a nemesis for the party (if that's ok).

She's a sandy haired girl who looks like she's 12 or so years old, but she races like she's a Mary Sue in some prequel movie. Her name is Annie. Annie Quinn. Edit: Oh yeah - she's accompanied by her faithful, talking-rabbitfolk friend, Binks.

What happens with her from there, I leave up to you.

SALLstice
11-11-2017, 11:20 AM
I have an idea for a nemesis for the party

My thought process while reading this:
"This feels oddly specific. Is it someone he knows? Trying to get a friend into the story? Wait... prequel movie? What's he talking about? .... wait..... ..... OOoohh. lol dumb"